Best place to scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkeever

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to see what island out of the list below is the best place to go for beginners. I will have about 10 dives before we go. or if you have a better one that would be great. -thanks

Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Grenada, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Nevis, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic.

Bonaire or Caymans

I have never dived any of those destinations but why isn't Curacao on your list? It's part of the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao).

Curacao was my post-OW dive vacation with only 5 dives under my belt. 100 ft viz, 86 degree water temps, no dive buddy cause none of my friends nor family are divers, so I had some insta-buddies on each dive boat trip.

Safe dives to you regardless of where you end up from your list. :)

My vote would be the Caymans, or if interested in wrecks...Bermuda

You can start by taking the Dominican Republic off the list. Not good diving.

The Bahamas are fun, lots of easy dives. The out islands are the best, but Grand Bahamas has some interesting easy dives. And if you're lucky you will see a shark!

Bermuda is nice but not sure about the diving, Snorkeling was great.

Aruba was also nice but not spectacular, the dives I did were easy.

Haven't been to any others that you listed.

If you want real easy nice relaxing dives you may wanna look at Key Largo.

Cozumel is the best value that I've found and the dives are amazing. But it is drift diving which is a new skill but not real hard to get a hang of.

Just make sure you let the dive operator know your skill level and what you are comfy with. Don't dive deeper than your comfort level or do anything that you're not sure about. And have fun.

Bari reef on Bonaire has the greatest diversity of species of any reef on this side of the globe. It's a very easy dive. Bonaire is really diver's paradise.

The problem with Bonaire is that there is nothing to do but dive. If you want any non-diving activities, it's just not the place to be at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom