Product Support for Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michelle's Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a new, in package, Wisdom 2 computer, from a private party seller. He apparently purchased it from the Scuba Show in Long Beach.

I have been unable to obtain the software to interface with my pc. Does Sherwood offer any support for their equipment in this case?

I did purchase the cable from leisure pro, but was disappointed to find the CD in the Sherwood Wisdom 2 didn't actually contain any software. Though I have downloaded the available software from the website it won't open. Says it is being controlled by another computer... or something like that.

What do I need to do to get this software and to get it to work?

First thing is it a 7100 series or 9100 series wisdom2 also you have to give the error message not something like this error. I download the software with no problem

First thing is it a 7100 series or 9100 series wisdom2 also you have to give the error message not something like this error. I download the software with no problem

I can't find anything on my computer or in the book that came with it or on the package that refers to 7100 or 9100 series? Good to know you have no problem downloading. It's not unusual for me to have problems with software or computers in general. I will direct my efforts accordingly. Thanks.

You will need to download the software from Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

The CD that came with the cable is simply to direct you to the website and give you downloading instructions.

Sherwood Scuba

Thanks, I'll try the link you've provided and let you know if I succeed or not.

Here are the error messages I'm dealing with:

Error 1719 Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your Support personnel to verify that it is registered and enabled.

followed by:

Error 1306 Another application has exclusive access to the file C:\Program Files\Sherwood\Computer Interface\SCI.Ing. Please shut down all other applications then click retry.

I have no other applications running? I even disabled my anti virus software.

Last edited:
what operating system are you running and which driver did you download?

Sherwood Rep.

after pressing cancel repeatedly I am able to actually get in to the software program. However, it continually brings up the same error messages and I am unable to download the info from the Wisdom 2.

Here are the error messages I'm dealing with:

Error 1719 Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your Support personnel to verify that it is registered and enabled.

followed by:

Error 1306 Another application has exclusive access to the file C:\Program Files\Sherwood\Computer Interface\SCI.Ing. Please shut down all other applications then click retry.

I have no other applications running? I even disabled my anti virus software.

what operating system are you running and which driver did you download?

Sherwood Rep.

I'm using windows xp and I downloaded the software that said

Wisdom2 Dive Computer Software 09

I also downloaded USB-Driver Windows 2000, XP & Vista

On your wisdom2 does it have deep stop program if so its a 9100 series computer. I download my version 2.1.0.beta 071309 from sherwood website and saved the installed then updated two days later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom