Dive Report: Russian Freighter 19 July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hetland, Recharge, Brandon and I met up at the Shoreline Boat launch at about 8:00 AM with no particular plan and no thoughts of where we wanted to dive. A quick pole revealed that Recharge and Bradon had never dove the Freighter so we decided to head in that direction and see how traffic looked above her. Once on site we were pleased to find only one boat fishing and one boat with divers getting ready to come back from there second dive. We talked it over and decided to dive here. Brandon opted to stay on the boat as he was tired :depressed::dork2:.
So Recharge, Hetland and I splashed at 0937 and headed doen the anchor line. We couldn't have put the anchor in a better spot as we were right next to the boilers which provides an excellent point of reference for the dive. I was carying both my camera (A nutural shark deterent) and my gun, but I planned to shoot a few fish and then spend the rest of the trip taking video. As it turned out I shot a nice Black snapper right off the bat and had him strung when an even bigger black snapper approached me, unaware of his imenent doom. I shot him just as he was turning to go into a small crevice and my shot was not the best and allowed him to finish his trip into the small crevice....With my shaft in tow. I worked for a good 2-4 minutes trying to reteive him during a breif lull in the fight as I rested and scrathed my brain did I see the lin going further into the hole....F*&K! I ended up cutting the line and abondining my shooting for the dive.
As I turned, to continue my dive I happily remembered that the rest of the dive would be dedicated to video and photos....Man was I happy!...... Here are some pictures and video from the dive.

Pictures:

P7184243.jpg

P7184245.jpg

P7184246.jpg

P7184247.jpg

P7184252.jpg

P7184254.jpg

P7184258.jpg

P7184262.jpg

P7184266.jpg

P7184268.jpg

P7184270.jpg

P7184272.jpg

P7184273.jpg

P7184278.jpg

Nice video!

What were the water temps at depth? That will be one of our dives the 29th.

Great pictures too and I'm about to watch the video.

Michael

I know you fellas couldn't possibly be eating all those fish you are nabbing. Think of your fellow non spearfishing buddies :D

72* at 70+ feet.

What were the water temps at depth? That will be one of our dives the 29th.

Great pictures too and I'm about to watch the video.

Michael

Sorry.... Shoot a fish, eat a fish.

I know you fellas couldn't possibly be eating all those fish you are nabbing. Think of your fellow non spearfishing buddies :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom