Dive Rite & OMS Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reges

New
Reaction score
Been diving BP/Wings for 3 years and am very happy. Looking to replace my wings and have narrowed the field to 2 options. I'm a northeast wreckdiver and dive double LP98's or single LP112's and usually carry a 30cf AL slung deco bottle and the normal wreck diving acc.

Option 1: Dive Rite Trek Wings for Single Tank and OMS 60lb NO-Bungees for Doubles.

Option 2: Dive Rite Rek Wings for Singles & Doubles

I've read all posts that came up on my searches and am probably more confused than ever :)

I had an OMS bungied 94# single bladder which I have sold.

Option 1 or 2? Opinions? Thanks........

I have a OMS 55lb non bungeed single bladder wing that i use with my double 72's and soon to be double LP 95's. So far i have been very happy with it except for the color(red) :mean: But for the price it was a great deal compared to the halcyon 55lb wing. I purchased mine from John at www.northeastscubasupply.com Last time i checked he had both the 55lb and 65 lb version on sale.

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/closeouts.html

Check at bottom of page

I tend to lean more towards the dive - rite. I've owned some stuff from OMS (not a bc) and some of it just is not up to par. For what its worth I dive a dive rite al backplate, standard harness without the quick disconnect and the classic wings. Classic wings are recomended for doubles only though. I've also owned their reels and they are excellent quality.
The oms gear I own is:
Manifold- Captive o-ring, not barrel o-ring. Plastic knobs instead of rubber
Tanks- they scratch real easy. The bands dig in and take chunks out of the paint.
Back up light- It totally sucks

I used to use it for singles. I bought a Halcyon Pioneer to replace it.

I would use a Pioneer for singles and pick up a Trek or Classic for the doubles.

Peter

reges once bubbled...
Been diving BP/Wings for 3 years and am very happy. Looking to replace my wings and have narrowed the field to 2 options. I'm a northeast wreckdiver and dive double LP98's or single LP112's and usually carry a 30cf AL slung deco bottle and the normal wreck diving acc.

Option 1: Dive Rite Trek Wings for Single Tank and OMS 60lb NO-Bungees for Doubles.

Option 2: Dive Rite Rek Wings for Singles & Doubles

I've read all posts that came up on my searches and am probably more confused than ever :)

I had an OMS bungied 94# single bladder which I have sold.

Option 1 or 2? Opinions? Thanks........

No need to spend extra money you can use on other gear instead. PM me if you are interested. They look almost brand new, and they are just collecting dust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom