Red Sea Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iain-le-roi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I am planning a trip to either Dahab or Sharm in September and considering doing a liveaboard. Are there any shorter liveaboard trips?.. the one's I have been looking at seem to all be around 7/8 days when my preference (or rather my girlfriends) would be 3/4.

Thanks

Iain

Iain,

Flew down to Sharm from Manchester ten days ago. Dove with the Red Sea Shadow for five days and had a great time. Looking forward to a return trip at an early date and will dive 2 or 3 days off a liveaboard in Sharm then move to Dahab for a couple of days of shore diving.

As soon as I get rested and caught up with work, will post a complete trip report.

3 or 4 day liveaboards from sharm are easy enough to find. Ive just done one to Abu nuhas wrecks, Thistlegorm, Ras Mohammed and TIran.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. I'll take a look at the sites and hopefully get one of those booked.

Can all the sites on these shorter liveaboards be done as day boat dives? Or are they further out. Still waying up my options as to whether a liveaboard is 100% worth it?

Also, the travel agents mentioned that there are a lot of good deals coming up for Marsa Alam. What are peoples opinions of here and are there options to do shorter liveabaords to the brothers from this area?

Most of the sites can be accessed on daily trips, however liveaboard gives you the chance for early site dive before all the crowd comes. Also on daily you will be doing 2 dives a day, LA gives you the chance of at least 3-4 dives a day.

Marsa Alam is a good choice, a lot of shore diving and very good sites are in range of something like 25-30 minutes by zodiac (of course depends where you will be going, marsa shagra is a good choice)

LA in that area mostly depart from port ghaleb, but I don't know any short trips there, may be you should check with your travel agent about where you will be going then communicate directly with the place and the dive facility there.

Thanks for all the responses... I think I am going to opt for the daily boat dives option from Dahab and save a LAB for another trip (maybe the Brothers).

Thanks for all the responses... I think I am going to opt for the daily boat dives option from Dahab and save a LAB for another trip (maybe the Brothers).
You're opting for a non-existing option, as diving in Dahab is shore based.

You can still do some boat diving in Dahab but for a couple of days maximum. The majority of diving is shore based.

You can still do some boat diving in Dahab but for a couple of days maximum. The majority of diving is shore based.
Unless You take boat to Gabr-el-Bint which is a day trip. Then, there is a possibility of going Ras-Um-Sid, as far as I remember, also by boat (pretty close to Gabr-el-Bint).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom