Beach Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some state require that you have a flag. I have one on a float with a reel and let the line out as I go to depth. I like to come up at the flag with the hopes that boats see it and are staying away, not that they always do.

Some states mandate it, as do some county or local governing bodies. Personally, I carry one so some good ole boy on a jet-ski with a camo hat on does not hit me when I am coming up from a safety stop with a group of people. It's cheap insurance, provided the person above the water knows what the flag means. I also wrote "DIVER IN WATER" on it in big, permanent marker as well.

OMG, I would definitely take use a flag with the number of boats and jet skis zooming around... I wouldn't want my head cracked open :(

Even with the flag, that is my hesitation of doing my first dive off the coast locally ...

Remember some of the people on jet ski's, for example, are renting them, and would have NO CLUE even when you have a flag out... How are they going to guess it's a dive flag?? I've never been told about a dive flag when I've rented a jet ski... I am sure it's in the lengthy fine print they make you sign, but still...

Back
Top Bottom