Sharm liveaboard vs. Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raitzin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'd like to do a 4 day liveaboard in the Red Sea - what do people think is better starting point: Sharm or Hurghada? I'll be coming from Israel so Sharm is logistically easier for me, but I'm open to making a longer trip down to Hurghada if the general sense is that it would be worth it.

Thanks for the advice!

The normal 3-days liveaboards from Sharm include Ras Mohamed and Thistlegorm. IMHO, Ras Mohamed is better diving the Hurghada sites and the Thistlegorm is the best wreck in the Red Sea. Also I'm not sure if 3 or 4 day liveaboards exist in Hurghada on individual and frequent basis.

The normal 3-days liveaboards from Sharm include Ras Mohamed and Thistlegorm. IMHO, Ras Mohamed is better diving the Hurghada sites and the Thistlegorm is the best wreck in the Red Sea. Also I'm not sure if 3 or 4 day liveaboards exist in Hurghada on individual and frequent basis.

I agree. I would do a liveaboard from Sharm. The sites of Ras Mohamed are really fabulous, better in my opinion than any in Hurghada.

Another thing to keep in mind is that getting to Hurguda from Israel is not a simple feat. However getting to Sharm is a "quick" 4 hour cab ride from Taba (if i remember correctly, might be longer).

Another thing to keep in mind is that getting to Hurguda from Israel is not a simple feat. However getting to Sharm is a "quick" 4 hour cab ride from Taba (if i remember correctly, might be longer).
Sharm is around 200 KM from Taba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom