Lobster spots on the treasure coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering if anyone could help with some hot spots in Fort Pierce, Port St Lucie or the Stuart area for lobster. this will be my first season diving for lobster and I have someone with a boat that will take us out but neither one of us know any of the hot spots.

Thanks,
domy

You would have better luck asking minors to tell you where to find their gold.

You might want to get on a commercial boat the first year

You would have better luck asking minors to tell you where to find their gold.

You might want to get on a commercial boat the first year

Jim, I think that would be "Miners", not minors unless your into hasseling children for their bling!

domy-- all the lobsters made their annual march to the Keys for their Migration! IF you really want to see something neat go to Little Jim's Bait and Tackle at the end of the day for the wiegh in. Last year the winner was 15 and 3/4 pounds!! That is a BIG BIG bug! There are many 9 pounders wieghed in there as well. These are caught by local commericial fisherman who are out there everyday.

I do not know good spots. I can share one thing with you though. The BIG ones are shallow. The over 9#'ers are caught inshore in less than 20'. I heard a theory from a fisherman. When they get that big they change from scavenger to predator. They move into the shallows and can actually kill small oval fish then eat them.

I am going to be putting the Kayak in at Pepper park.. paddling to inlet state park and drifting North.... ALL DAY. Please to do not run me over.. I will be in the 15' yellow OK trailing an obnoxiously large dive flag.

PS-- I have heard you can go to the South Bridge off the Poop plant and catch many of the 3 to 4 pounders.. apparently they like the run of there even though it is treated and healthy.. "so they say"

There are no lobster in the Treasure Coast area... I heard they have some in the keys though!?..

LOL.. Try any one of the three ledges from Ft Pierce Inlet to Vero.. 8 feet, 15 feet and 24 feet or so.. You can get there from the beach as some do, but be very careful with the boat traffic.. Good luck...

TCMav-- greetings fellow PSL diver. See you at pepper park. I drive a Dodge Dakota sliver turck with tag 943 TEN --- I have the Yellow Trident with the huge flag... stop me and say hi.

Jim, I think that would be "Miners", not minors unless your into hasseling children for their bling!
I was thinking... "leprechaun"? Then my thoughts went to Jennifer Aniston. From there, I was lost for the rest of the night :D

Damn... a 15-pound lobster... Something like that gets a taste for kayaks, you're in trouble. Once they figure out that when you get through the crunchy part, the filling is nice and tender. Since they don't have ears, they won't hear you asking them nicely to spit your legs out.

100_1509.sized.jpg

This is NOT the 15# one... different shop.. different contest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom