Nice, France -- Health Clearance and Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_afergan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently planning on taking a course in Nice sometime next week. I have never dived before.

Two questions:
1) I am currently planning on taking the class at Poisideon-Nice diving school. Any particularly good/bad experiences or info on them?

2) More important, they tell me I need a medical clearance for the class. I am currently traveling in Europe and thus it's not very easy to set up a doctor's appointment. Any advice, doctor listing, etc on making this happen with minimal wasted time? (The last thing I want to do is show up in Nice and then spend a week trying to get an appt.) I have found once dr's telephone number online. I'd be willing to go to nearby cities as well. (If it matters, I am a US citizen with health insurance.)

Thanks!

-- Mike

Good for you you'll start doing your first diving course! Have fun!
I've never been diving in that area, but I would love to hear your experiences with the diving there as I definitely plan on diving more in Europe (I'm a European and if I wait to go diving until I can afford a trip to some tropical place, I'm afraid I will never dive!). :(

As far as your doctors appointment is concerned... they required the same thing of me when I did my OW beginner's course in Australia. The diving school recommended me a doctor to go to, as they had loads of people going their for medical tests for diving. Perhaps your diving school has suggestions for a good doctor as well?

Anyhow... have lots of fun!

watersprite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom