Lake Thurmond/Clark Hill E. Dam Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Sorry for the duplicate post. Told folks it was in Deep Dixie when I posted it in S.E. US.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Lake Thurmond 3.3.pdf
    196.9 KB · Views: 125
Wow! Thanks diveprof,

I can't imagine how long it took to map all of that!

Of course, now I won't have any excuses for looking at the murky bottom of Clark's Hill for forty minutes...

Thanks again!

If we follow the rock line from east to west will we come across the planes wing? I guess what i am asking is does the planes wing touch the rip rap. If we miss the wing then we should hit the rope if I am thinking correctly.

Sorry for the slow response. I've been getting nasty salt water all over my gear :D(just got back from Bonaire). I'll probably be diving local next weekend. Several others dove local last weekend. I'll check with them re the vis. The wing of the plane is actually touching the bottom edge of the rocks. As long as you are deeper than 20' you will run into the rope (laying on the bottom) that leads down to the plane.

I checked with the folks who dove last weekend and they report 10' vis (still not clear on the walls though). We are diving Sat at 8:30a.

Looking foward to a good report. It will feel good to be back in fresh water after all that nasty salt water.

Hey, we are even looking at a river dive Sunday as the vis is picking up for the first time in a while - looked like 7' or more today and no rain Sat or Sun. We may hit the river sunday afternoon. Got to clean all this nasty salt off before something rusts. Several of us are also planning a trip to Jocassee 8/15.

Last edited:
We are going to give Pelham a shot this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom