Time for an update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Before I finally hit my bed and try to forget I'm only halfway through and the wake-up call tomorrow is at 5.45am, here is a quick report on the first day of my IE.

We only got subjects this morning as the examiner didn't want to come all the way from Amsterdam (2.5 hours by car) on Friday evening, which had already provoked more than a few groans when officially announced on Wednesday.

The other big surprise is we expected to do open water (or confined water) today and the remaining one tomorrow: NO!

Theory today, getting wet tomorrow :confused:

I was pretty scared of the five subjects, particularly physics and physiology and had spent the best part of the last few months trying to get decent scores and failing miserably.

In the end I got an incredible 58/60 (one wrong in physics, one in equipment) and a very reassuring 88% in standards.

We also did prescriptive presentations (only got 3.8 but was blocked half way through my expose, the examiner must have been bored and asked me to go straight to the conclusion) and briefings for pool and open water.

It is starting to look bright, but I'm still very much on the edge of nervous breakdown.

You can do it! :thumb:

Now that you are done with Theory, the rest is a piece of Cake...

P.S. I have noticed that when the Examiner cuts you off, it is not a bad sign... it means you got all of your points for that part and he wants to move on....

Just don't forget to mention all the points so that you get a perfect score...

Please send an update...

Good Luck... and have fun...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom