West Beach Paddlewheeler 7-25-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Judd called me today and was hoping to get another beach dive on the Paddlewheeler this afternoon. So when he got off of work at noon, he swung by to pick me up. This time, I brought a gun, a polespear, and a stringer. We hit the water around 2:30PM and there was only a little surf and the water was a great turquois color. Visibility was around 10-15' for the most part, some areas of the wreck were a little siltier in the 5-10' range. Coldest temperature I read was 84F. I forgot to bring a compass and ended up just smelling my way to the wreck. No luck with the gun this time around as I only saw the grouper once and it was deep in the boilers, beyond where I could pull it out even if I were to spear it. Lots of luck with the polespear though. I ended up taking 4 flounder, one of them was a 3.5lb slab. I pointed out 3 more flounder for my buddy to stick and he managed to snag two of them, then later on stabbed another that he spotted out himself. Same fauna as my last report with the addition of a school of bluefish swarming around the top of the boilers as well as a few southern rays on the bottom. I had a max depth of 14' with a dive time of 84 minutes, turning with lots of gas left over.

On the swim back, I spotted an electric skate and fanned the sand off it so that Judd could get a look at it. Mr skate didn't take too kindly to this and swam up and shocked the ever-living piss out of my arm. I let out a wail underwater and Judd laughed. I laughed... a little later on.

Another great dive on the Paddlewheeler :D

In part, yes! :D

I won't name any names... but someone tried to buy me off cheap today. REAL cheap! LOL

I'm not even local, but I hear you can be bought off with wings and beer at hooters. :)

Pssh, my standards have raised considerably. I'd want curly fries and ranch too!

Spoils

Fish43.jpg

Marignated in Dales, italian dressing, and a little lemon pepper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom