Anyone have any comments about Paradise Dancer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet to do a trip report for this but nothing to "look out for". Be sure to pack anything you absolutely need in your carryons. You have a 50/50 chance you flight in or out of Sorong will be delayed. If you are stopping over in Makasar get out and walk around we found the people to be great and had a lot of fun mugging for photos. If you like the little stuff make sure to keep the guides in view they are fantastic at finding the impossible to see critters.

Otherwise you should have a great time. Fantastic boat, great crew and the diving is amazing. We just got back from the Solomons, while fantastic, we both agree Raja was better.

A video and gallery from our trip our at our site and here is the link to the video: Diving Raja Ampat from the Paradise Dancer on Vimeo

Many thanks, MJH. I'm stopping in Jakarta both ways and have it planned to get to Sorong the day before so hope that's enough. :) I'm going Jakarta to Sorong to miss the overnight in Makassar. I'm going alone so I'll be sticking with the guides.

I've been to the Solomons on the Bilikiki and my experience was Komodo blew the Solomons away though diving Mary Island listening to the volcano was very cool.

Many thanks for the images and video.

Yet to do a trip report for this but nothing to "look out for". Be sure to pack anything you absolutely need in your carryons. You have a 50/50 chance you flight in or out of Sorong will be delayed. If you are stopping over in Makasar get out and walk around we found the people to be great and had a lot of fun mugging for photos. If you like the little stuff make sure to keep the guides in view they are fantastic at finding the impossible to see critters.

Otherwise you should have a great time. Fantastic boat, great crew and the diving is amazing. We just got back from the Solomons, while fantastic, we both agree Raja was better.

A video and gallery from our trip our at our site and here is the link to the video: Diving Raja Ampat from the Paradise Dancer on Vimeo

That is a great video, one of my favorites is the view from top of the mountain looking down on the liveaboard, then the Mantas then the rest of the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom