Aeris Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevinpoirier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a quick question to other Aeris dive computer owners.
I just purchased a Elite T3, because I noticed that on rented computers, after the dive was over, I often got a warning about my ascent rate being too fast. I bought it so I could monitor it better and avoid any potential accident, since following my slowest bubbles is obviously not working for me.
I just come back from a few training dives (navigation and peak buoyancy) and once I downloaded the data to my laptop, there are still a few times when I am in the "red," although for just a few seconds.
The dives were really shallow: 20 feet.
Is the computer super conservative on ascent rate?
Am still coming up too fast?
Should I be worried about that?
I do not have a large amount of dives logged, so anybody with more experience that is willing to give me feedbacks would be great.

Thank you

If the software is anything like my Aeris ATMOS-2 units you may be doing just fine. Just swishing the computer vertically can make it think you are moving vertically fast. The sampling rate is much higher than the rate it which it logs data points. It will flip out by moving up a short distance quickly. An over head wave with the wrong timing can exacerbate it.

At the end of the day review your profile plot and decide for yourself how you did. It's just a blind instrument trying to make decisions on limited information.

Pete

I ascend at 60 FPM to 60 feet and then use 30 FPM feet to my stop. I use and Atomos II, it freaks out, I ignore it. Works good, it and I have come to an agreement, I am the boss, it is just along for the ride. YRMV.

N

I have the same problem with my Aeris Atmos 2. After the dives it is flashing to fast, but when I view the profile, I seldom have exceeded 30fpm. Most of the time I am in the 0-10 or 10-15fpm time frame. Go figure. I have had some dives where I have exceeded the time, according to my profile, but it is usually when I raise my computer up to read the display upon the ascent.
You could call Aeris and talk to Rick, he is very knowledgeable about the computers.

Past few years I have been diving wrist mount Aeris Atmos 2 and Oceanic Versa Pro computers. It seems almost impossible to avoid the yellow or red areas of the ascent monitor during the last 20 feet or so. I don't worry about it, since I am very conscious of maintaining a slow ascent, slower than most divers I am with. The computer is just a good reminder to be safe...I do pay attention and try to keep it happy.

I have an Atmos II and notice that if I move my arm a little too quickly to look at it, the ascent icons start flashing (and the download shows RED)....probably not an "ascent" issue.

What a relief! I have an Aeris Atmos 2 also and have NEVER not red-lined when asending (even when I have tried to crawl). It will hit red briefly, then back down. Without phrasing it as well as Nemrod, I too have taken the attitude that the computer works for me. By the way, once I reached this conclusion I have come to LOVE my Aeris Atmos 2.

I have a 750GT and it tends to think I'm ascending faster than I am. I usually manage to keep it out of the red but excursions into the yellow are common. I have no idea what the profile would look like 'cause I'm too cheap to buy a download cable for it. Never been bent, though.

I'm glad to see other have had this problem. I swear I red-lined just blowing bubbles at my Atmos 2.

I ascend at 60 FPM to 60 feet and then use 30 FPM feet to my stop. I use and Atomos II, it freaks out, I ignore it. Works good, it and I have come to an agreement, I am the boss, it is just along for the ride. YRMV.

N

1+

I'm using an Aeris XR-1 however, but same situation. It does not like me much until I'm in the shallows, then we kiss and make up :D

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom