Diving the Ocoee river/lake in Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
This past friday afternoon, I was driving up Hwy 64 beside the Ocoee river/lake and noticed 2 guys loading BC's/Tanks/regs into a vehicle.

This was within a mile or so of the takeout for the rafters. There wasn't a good spot to turn around and go back easily to see what they were up to. They might have been diving in a side creek also as they were parked beside one. (but lots of folks do that as there is little parking along hwy 64 and you have to park where you can find a space).

so what kind of diving is there on the Ocoee river/lake?

anyone know anything about it.?

I dive in parksville lake all the time. There are a number of items to look at like cars, and old house chimmeys, if you are comfortable about diving deep. the water temp at bottom of lake ( 96' ft ) is around 38/40 deg., the the vis is about 2/3 ft at bottom and 10 to 15 ft on a good day around 30 ft. I'll be at the lake next saturday or sunday. look for blue boat around dam area with dive flag, thats me. I am currently looking for boat that sank last year with side-scan sonar and diving at possible sites to locate and recover boat owners keys and wallet.

If anyone is still following this thread, let me know. I'm interested in Parkersville Lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom