Shorter liveaboard for 1st time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inter4alia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am very interested in trying a liveaboard for the first time. I have done a good amount of research and it seems like all the liveaboards I have found are at least 7 day trips. I would like to find a liveaboard that is 3 to 5 days long. I live in Chicago so Mexico/Caribbean is where I am looking (I'm not interested in flying great distances for this particular trip).

Can anyone point me towards a shorter liveaboard? Any help is appreciated.

I am very interested in trying a liveaboard for the first time. I have done a good amount of research and it seems like all the liveaboards I have found are at least 7 day trips. I would like to find a liveaboard that is 3 to 5 days long. I live in Chicago so Mexico/Caribbean is where I am looking (I'm not interested in flying great distances for this particular trip).

Can anyone point me towards a shorter liveaboard? Any help is appreciated.

Blackbeards does some shorter length trips.
Bahamas scuba diving liveaboard Blackbeard's Cruises

The Gulfstream Eagle does some great short trips to West End. Welcome to the Gulf Stream Eagle Liveaboard - Bahamas, CaySal, Bimini. I leaver Friday for a week to Cay Sal with them. I've been on a couple of trips on the Eagle, One to Cay Sal and last year to West End, the diving is superb in either place. The bonus is she sails from Riviera Beach Marina which is basically West Palm Beach. You can either come a couple days early or stay on a couple days and enjoy the Palm Beach County reef system. From Jupiter to Boynton, it is awesome diving.

Live aboards are addictive. Once you tried one, you want to try another. Seven days go by very fast and you wish there were more days. Have fun on your first and let us know your thoughts after the trip.

Blackbeard's... Gulf Stream Eagle....

also would recommend you check out the following:

MV Spree - dry tortugas Spree Expeditions M/V Spree SCUBA Diving Dry Tortugas
MV Ultimate Getaway - dry tortugas Dry Tortugas Diving liveaboard, The Ultimate Getaway. Dive the Dry Tortugas or customize a trip out of Ft. Myers Florida.
MV Fling - flower gardens Sea Sports Travel Flower Gardens Information
MV Shearwater - bahamas out of Florida Our Bahamas Liveaboard Boat: M/V Shear Water :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures
MV Juliet - puerto rico Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving

I know that Nekton is offering a 4 day & a 6 day St Croix trip in late September....

I go out on the MV Fling almost every year. It's a smaller boat, but the diving is great and you couldn't ask for a better crew.
Carrie

Sorry but there's nothing SMALL about 29 divers on a single liveaboard:

fling:
The dive boat the M/V Fling is a converted crew boat now utilized as dive boats with bunks for twenty nine divers, three dive store divemasters and six crew members.

I think that if you do some research you'll find that there are some live-a-boards in the Flower Gardens that are 3-4 days long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom