Blizzard Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segundo3000gt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just returned from a trip to Roatan. The diving was great but my Blizzard regulator was breathing wet. It seemed like looking down was more likely to cause the problem. My reg was just serviced by my LDS this spring. Is it possible that a setting just needs to be tweaked to not allow a mist of saltwater in during breathing?

A couple of things come to mind. The Blizzard has heat/moisture retention fins designed to allow a bit of condensation to avoid cotton mouth. Do you think that is what you are experiencing? If it's more than the moisture retention; then inspect the mouthpiece for tears, there's the purge under the exhaust tee that could be slightly folded in on itself allowing water and the last possibility is a cracked case. The first two you can check yourself. If the case is the issue, then you would need to go to your local dive shop.

Sherwood Rep.

I don't think it was the moisture retention fins. It was more like someone with a spray bottle filled with salt water spraying me once per breath. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll take a look when I get home to see if it's something simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom