Dive Log Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyDan

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody use a computer program for their logbook? If so, which one. I know some dive computers come with programs, but are any available otherwise?

I use Internet Dive Log. It's not free but it's well worth the fee. Easy to set up and use, picture, trip reports, etc. but the best thing is if my computer crashes...and it has in the past...all I have to do is download the program again and sync with their data bank to retrieve by logs.

Any spreadsheet program will do the trick, if you don't want a boatload of bells and whistles.

The issue I've run into lately when taking my PADI Advanced Open Water stuff is that the instructors want something to sign.

So, I hand wrote log pages (on otherwise blank lined notebook paper) and asked them to sign that.

I have no clue if the signed pages will ever be required again, but I have them. (The dives are also logged in the spreadsheet, along with instructor info.)

--Sean

I should have added that I also keep a physical log book. I designed my own log pages to record the things I wanted.

I am currently writing my own logbook program :type: that fullfills MY needs.

I have a Suunto dive computer. You can download a free logbook program that interfaces with Suunto computers at the Suunto site (www.suunto.com or something alike). It is a fairly good and complete program. Besides it is free and you can use it without diving computer. I am missing a couple things though :damn:.

My program will :dazzle:
* Log dives (time, type, date, gear, notes, etc, etc)
* Log profiles
* Calculate the pressure groups according to divetable (PADI)
* Interface with the Suunto solution alpha (and perhaps a couple of more computers)
* Calculate&plot-in-graph air consumption (SAC)
* Statistics
* Print logbook pages on A5 format
* Insert divesite map and plot coarses (navigation is my middle-name)
* Maintain buddys
* Maintain dive sites

The fun part of it is that if I think of something cool I put it in.

I will program it in Visual C/C++. It will take a couple of weeks/month before it is finished.

ScubaJorgen once bubbled...
I am currently writing my own logbook program :type: that fullfills MY needs.

I have a Suunto dive computer. You can download a free logbook program that interfaces with Suunto computers at the Suunto site (www.suunto.com or something alike). It is a fairly good and complete program. Besides it is free and you can use it without diving computer. I am missing a couple things though :damn:.

My program will :dazzle:
* Log dives (time, type, date, gear, notes, etc, etc)
* Log profiles
* Calculate the pressure groups according to divetable (PADI)
* Interface with the Suunto solution alpha (and perhaps a couple of more computers)
* Calculate&plot-in-graph air consumption (SAC)
* Statistics
* Print logbook pages on A5 format
* Insert divesite map and plot coarses (navigation is my middle-name)
* Maintain buddys
* Maintain dive sites

The fun part of it is that if I think of something cool I put it in.

I will program it in Visual C/C++. It will take a couple of weeks/month before it is finished.

cool! are you going to make it available for other people to download? :)

I just completed the PADI OW Instructor course and there were a few people on the course who had not 'logged and witnessed' all of their dives and regretted it when it came to submitting their dive logs for proof of >100 dives.
Some never thought that they would ever become Instructors when they first started diving so they never logged them!
Most of my diving is done with my husband so 'witnessing' is an easy thing to accomplish but I ask all other buddies to sign my log.

On another note - PADI just brought out new Palm Pilot based dive log software...it even has a 'signature box' that you can sign using the stylus. I've only seen the demo and I've no idea how much it will be! This may be a good paper log book alternative. Especially for when my hubby makes my sunnto Cobra download to my Palm pilot too!!!

:)

Jorgan, your program really sounds like it'll be better than any of the software I've seen so far. Please let us know if and when you decide to release it.
Dan

minigirl once bubbled...
I just completed the PADI OW Instructor course and there were a few people on the course who had not 'logged and witnessed' all of their dives and regretted it when it came to submitting their dive logs for proof of >100 dives.

:)

Are you saying that the buddy you dove with on a given day must sign your log, or you don't get credit? What if I show them a computer profile downloaded from my Suunto Vyper?

Of course, this doesn't apply unless you want to progress to a rating/certification that requires a certain number of dives....right?

You might want to give "DiveRecord" a try. It's a free scuba web logbook that has some nice features. I use this along with my Suunto and Citizen logbooks on my computer. Once I download the dive watch data to my computer, I bulk upload it all to DiveRecord for safe keeping.

http://www.diverecord.com/Welcome.asp?p=f

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom