still using a snorkel? or does it stay in the car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TyGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
ive been diving for about 2 years now (all dives logged have been in new england waters) and the more i dive, the less i use my snorkel. ive only had to use it once in rough surf swimming back to shore, and even then it was totally necessary. this past month's scuba magazine even had an article debating the use for a snorkel. at times it can be annoying but in a surface emergency it could come in handy. personally, i think its a bit of a pain.

ive been diving for about 2 years now (all dives logged have been in new england waters) and the more i dive, the less i use my snorkel. ive only had to use it once in rough surf swimming back to shore, and even then it was totally necessary. this past month's scuba magazine even had an article debating the use for a snorkel. at times it can be annoying but in a surface emergency it could come in handy. personally, i think its a bit of a pain.

#1 snorkel is a funny name... say it a bunch of times :D

#2 snorkles are for snorkeling

#3 I haven't worn one since I completed my OW course ( they made me )

#4 Don't bother telling me why I should be wearing one... I could care less :D

What's a snorkel?

Cut and paste the other 20 snorkel threads, same replies

< Paste Here >

A quick search will show about 15 threads and people's preference on snorkels

I personnally use a rubber snorkel that roles up into a nice little ball, which I keep in a pocket of my BCD. It has a quick connect so it's real easy to attach to the mask.

Gene V

My snorkel doesn't even make it to the car for most dives.

Ken

Last edited:
I keep planning on finding a way to conveniently bring it on my dives as long as it is not on my mask strap or in my way.....still have not. I would like to have it "just in case" but it has been close to 250 dives since I wore it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom