Coral Beach (Eilat) Club Med - any feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Has anyone been to the Coral Beach Club Med in Eilat? And what can be expected with regard to the diving there? I'm considering booking a week there with my SO and our 2 yr old.

Thanks,

JD

As I live in Israel, I prefer short term rent apartments in Eilat, so I did not stay in Club Med hotel. But, from what I've heard, it's a solid 3-4 star hotel.
About diving clubs and the sites.
There are number of clubs in the area since the best sites are at this location: Almog reserve, Satil wreck, Yatush wreck and some others.
The most "luxury" and expensive ones are Manta in Ambassador hotel across the road and the one nearby on the plaza before the hotel (the one at the entrance to the sea, don't remember its name). Manta is the club I got my AOW certification in (as I though at the time, largest and best club out there). It is really nice, especially after recent renovation. The second one, is large and nice enough and is placed almost at the entrance to the hotel.
There are number of smaller clubs around. Those are more "homey" and get you more personal attitude, though they are much smaller and with less facilities (Manta has a sauna for clients, for example). Those are UDive and Siam Divers, placed very close to the hotel.
There is one more large club near the hotel: Aqua Sport. Although, they have a nice name in Israel, personally I did not like them. They were too slow and took their time when we came to dive there.
In general, Coral Beach is the place to dive in Eilat, as it has the nicest sites in Eilat.
Sorry if I forgot to mention some clubs in the area. All those are very close the hotel (2 minutes walk).
Just go around and select the one you like. All of them will get you underwater safely. :)
Enjoy your trip.

P.S. Get at least one dinner in "The Last Refuge" restaurant at the plaza near the hotel. It's pretty expensive one (~$40 per person) but it is delicious.

P.P.S. I remembered the name of the unknown (the second largest): Marina Divers

Last edited:
As UrK said, there are several dive clubs just 2-3 minutes from ClubMed.

What you'll need to bring with you is your certification card, diving insurance (can be purchased at any club- some agencies offer a 7day insurance) and a logbook with proof of diving within the last 6 months.

If you don't have any logged dives in the last 6 months, you'll be asked to take a guided refresh dive. If you are a DM or any similar/higher certification you don't need neither proof of dive nor be required for a refresh.

If your SO is a diver, you'll only have to find a babysitter for your 2yr old, rent whatever gear you need and jump in the water.
You can consult with the club where to dive, most of them will recommend the same dive sites (some mentioned by UrK).

If you feel uncertain they'll probably offer you a guide (and also take you to/from the dive site which ain't bad if you don't have a vehicle).

It depends on you, but most dives are quite easy. You can start guided just to know what's going on.

I'd recommend to take your child to the Underwater Observatory (You'll enjoy it too). The ticket is a bit expensive, but it is valid for a few days (They usually don't tell you this in the cashier so you have to ask...) then you can always come and spend an hour or so. To validate the ticket for extra days you'll have to go to the photo booth- they'll take a photo of the whole family and stamp the date on the back- that's both your ticket and a souvenir :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom