Diving in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiaz71

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Other than the Oriskany, are there any dive sites in the Pensacola area that are worth checking out? In other words, is it worth the effort to dive there if you're not diving the Oriskany?

If so, can anyone recommend a dive shop in Pensacola?

The wife and I are going to the Ron White show there next Saturday, and thought we might stay a whole weekend there if the diving is worth it.

Thanks!

There are a lot of awesome dive site in P'cola: freighters(Russian Freighter is my favorite), tugs, barges, Navy battleships and even some live bottom.

I work at one of the local shops, Bay Breeze Dive Center, but there are several to choose from. We are actually in Gulf Breeze, which is in between Pensacola and Pensacola Beach, right over the 3-Mile Bridge.

(850) 934-8363

Look up Dr Dive, Y-Knot, or the Daisy D; great boats and fast too. There are a ton of wrecks out of Pensacola and lots are hit all that often. Sites are various and can meet whatever diving profiles you're looking for.

Other than the Oriskany, I'm a fan of Pete Tide, YDT-14, Tug Born Again, and Tug Heron/LCM. On my to-do list is the Chevron Oil Rig, Tenneco Oil Rig, Avocet and Antares

MBT's got one hellova shop in Pensacola if you're looking for one.

The Daisy D is actually in Louisiana now, but "Dr. Dive" and the "Y Knot" are two great boats. They are both 30' cats and get you out and back fast.

All good info and good suggestions (thanks everyone for the kind recommendations). Pensacola has over 100 charted sites and many more private ones. Lots to see and do besides the "O". Definitely worth the trip and the stay over. Enjoy the show and we look forward to having you aboard one of the many fine boats in Pensacola.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom