Scuba Mask Defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
Tip: A sqeaky clean mask lens is very unlikely to fog. Cleaning ones mask is the best prevention against fogging. (Dirt on the lens is what causes fogging) An anti-fog product is also helpful. On some dive boats, I have used baby shampoo, mixed in a bucket with salt water. Rinse the mask in the bucket that has the baby shampoo and do not rinse the mask off.

Tip for Women: Do not wear ANY makeup on your face. ANY product on your face will transfer through the water and adhere to the mask lens. Any particulate or dirt in the water will become attached to the makeup and lens. This will cause the lens to fog even if you are cleaning the lens and using defog.

Cleaning the inside of your mask with soft scrub and a toothbrush will get rid of all the dirt, dried snot, and other residue. Just make sure you rinse the mask before using it.

I use Sea Drops Titanium. $86 a bottle and sold only in Japan.

Spit's cheap and does as good a job as anything else.

I use Sea Drops Titanium. $86 a bottle and sold only in Japan.

I really, really hope you purchase it at your local dive shop, not online? Otherwise, the product is not covered under any sort of warranty, and serious injury or death may result.

Tip for Women: Do not wear ANY makeup on your face.

Get the tattoos.

I really, really hope you purchase it at your local dive shop, not online? Otherwise, the product is not covered under any sort of warranty, and serious injury or death may result.

what is this?? Why is so expensive? Spit really works, why not just use that??:)

what is this?? Why is so expensive? Spit really works, why not just use that??:)

Because it's got Titanium on it.

Advanced technology is useful, but they have to offset the development costs. If you're going to dive with the big dogs, you gotta get this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom