Lost on the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mimac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know it's a 1 in a million but...... I lost a SeaLife Mini diving on the Red Sea on 7/26. I had it attached to my bc on my safety stop but not when I got on deck. It's not so much the camera but it had pictures of my granddaughters in their dive classes and on their first dives.

If you by any chance happen on it, please let me know.

Probably more like one in a billion if you're actually referring to THE Red Sea in the Middle East. Sorry to hear you lost your camera, especially with those pictures on it. You may, however, want to request the thread be moved to the Red Sea forum:

Red Sea - ScubaBoard

Good Luck - that would be rather amazing for it to be returned.

John

Thank goodness no I am not referring to THAT "Red Sea". I meant the new dive site off Panama City FL. !

:rofl3: Ahhhh... That makes a little more sense. I was thinking - I've never been to the Red Sea, but I'm pretty sure it's a fairly large body of water. Either way - good luck!

That really sucks, sorry to hear it. Did you try giving a call to the PCB shops and ask for a
lookout? Don't know how much it would help but the folks from DiveLocker seemed really nice.
We dove the Red Sea on the 24th.

What did you think of the dive otherwise? We had huge baitfish balls with mackerel feeding and
remora picking off left overs.

Thanks for the suggestion - I had thought about contacting the dive shops but just hadn't done it. I will though.

The dive site was great. This was only my second boat dive in the Gulf - the first earlier that day on Bridge Span 12. I had a problem with mask squeeze on the Red Sea but could stay right around the 30-35 ft range. Visability was pretty good - saw the beginnings of the jelly fish, the remora and of course all the bait fish. Bridge Span 12 was really awesome - saw the big jewfish, baitfish galore, flounder - was able to get to the bottom there.

Those were my 16 year old granddaughters first boat dives too so just watching her and seeing her response was better than anything else!

Good diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom