Hurghada in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob in the Desert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone give me some general info on the Red Sea that time of year? Our dive group is doing the Heaven Freedom live aboard from 10-8 through 10-15-2009. I can get info from the Internet but I'd prefer general feedback from divers who have been there: average water temperature, currents, what mil wet suit, general weather, etc. Thanks for any info...Rob in the Desert.

hi, generally this is a good timing. water temp is around 25 degrees, air temp is slightly higher but not hot as August for example. shouldn't be too windy although this year is strange :)
currents will depend on where you will be going to dive, some sites are known for high currents, others are not. I always dive in my 3/2 full suit all year (when it is too cold in jan-april time, 20-22 degrees, I add a lycra shirt under the suit) some of my friends feel too cold and use 5mm 2 peices farmer john suits (adds to 10mil when both used) so it all depends on how much are you sensitive to cold. PM me if you have more questions and enjoy your trip.

Samaka has a very good table RED SEA YEAR - TIME TABLE
though his site has got a virus lately
Anyway expect temperature around 25-26 C and bring either a 5 mm with undersuit up to 2 mm for night dives or a 7 mm

Samaka has a very good table RED SEA YEAR - TIME TABLE
though his site has got a virus lately
Anyway expect temperature around 25-26 C and bring either a 5 mm with undersuit up to 2 mm for night dives or a 7 mm

Thank you Massimo for the kind words about my site. However it's clear you haven't been visiting for a while because the so callled "virus problem" has not been there for a long time!:wink: We can stop talking about that now... he he he... Hope you're having a great time in Sharm

Rob in the Desert: October is a good month for many reasons. Unfortunately that is a well known fact so you will not be alone on the dive sites if catch my drift.

Feel free to conntact me with questions.

.....a.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom