Sorry but yet again I have MORE drysuit Qs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip938

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:confused: well..i have heard alot about not folding the zip and not keeping in sunlight
but what is hte best way to store a drysuit??????:confused:

and after a dive whats a good way to dry it???

Is it new? Check the instructions.

I don't treat mine the best.. at the moment it's hanging across some stuff in the garage where it was drying out from last dive. I roll it when I'm going to store it for a while.

LOL yeah I am with Randy there. I will hang mine feet up to dry but it might stay there for a while. If I skip a weekend diving I will roll it up and put it in its bag. Take care of your zipper. wax it periodically. They are expensive to replace.

Yea it brand new and i want as long as i can get out of it (mainlt the nexk and wrist seals)

LOL yeah I am with Randy there. I will hang mine feet up to dry but it might stay there for a while. If I skip a weekend diving I will roll it up and put it in its bag. Take care of your zipper. wax it periodically. They are expensive to replace.

Yea i heard that leaving your zip bent for a long time can break it??"?!?!?!?! is this true??

I have a pinnacle. They say not to leave it zipped. I dont bend mine when I do store it. I make sure its folded where the zipper is not bent. I know someone that broke a zipper, not sure how but it cost them 400 us dollars to have it replaced.

As long as your careful taking it off and putting it on the seals will last a while. Most people i know get about 2 years on them but thats several hundred dives. They are not bad to replace. I think I am going to get around 350 dives on mine before the seals need replacing.

Yea it brand new and i want as long as i can get out of it (mainlt the nexk and wrist seals)

Don't fold it, roll it the zipper should not be bent when you roll it.

If it's going to be stored for a long time I'd find an air tight container for it to protect the seals. (that's what DUI recommends with their seals anyway)

I use one of these at home: The Ultimate Hanger

For transportation: I roll my suit starting from the neck and carry it in an old mesh gear bag. I first fold the sleeves straight in, and then use the cuff rings as my rolling guides while rolling down to the feet (the air easily comes out through the loosely rolled material). It packs small and from what I can tell puts very little stress on the zipper, while protecting my cuff rings, wrist seals, and neck seal.

Back
Top Bottom