Hollis F1 fin torn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, my fin has just torn, what do I do? I bought the F1 back in May and wondering is it still under warranty?

Hi, my fin has just torn, what do I do? I bought the F1 back in May and wondering is it still under warranty?

Hi Roy,

You are outside of the 30 day Hollis guarantee, but please call whichever Hollis dealer you purchased these through. We will make sure this is taken care of timely.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us direct. 510-729-5110.

Best Regards,

I thought Hollis has this 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY on (masks, snorkels, fins, neoprene accessories, bags, accessories, vehicles, lighting, and apparel). These were copied from Hollis. Anyways, I've emailed and contacted the store I purchased from but so far they haven't responded. I'm hoping they'll give me the RMA from Hollis and I can just drive up and drop it off since I live just south of San Leandro.

Since nobody else has asked... how in the world did you tear a thick rubber fin?

I thought Hollis has this 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY on (masks, snorkels, fins, neoprene accessories, bags, accessories, vehicles, lighting, and apparel). These were copied from Hollis. Anyways, I've emailed and contacted the store I purchased from but so far they haven't responded. I'm hoping they'll give me the RMA from Hollis and I can just drive up and drop it off since I live just south of San Leandro.

Hi Roy,

1 year covers "manufacturers defect" which means that if the fin ripped due to abuse then it wouldnt be covered.

If you are having issues with your LDS, feel free to stop by anytime so we can take a closer look. We will gladly take care of this for you.

We are located at:
2002 Davis Street
San Leandro, Ca 94577
Phone: 510-729-5110
Hours: 8am - 5pm

Thanks!

I never abuse my gears Nick, especially something that looks cool like the fins, my hollis reg, and other stuff. I just got off the phone with Russ from divers supply and they are going to replace it for me since they have the XL in stock. Anyways, I've attached the picture of the fin torn. I don't know what I did other then just wash it clean and make sure I have it with me when I go diving. Never ever abused any of my gears. Otherwise. Hollis is the best! :D

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 532
I never abuse my gears Nick, especially something that looks cool like the fins, my hollis reg, and other stuff. I just got off the phone with Russ from divers supply and they are going to replace it for me since they have the XL in stock. Anyways, I've attached the picture of the fin torn. I don't know what I did other then just wash it clean and make sure I have it with me when I go diving. Never ever abused any of my gears. Otherwise. Hollis is the best! :D

Roy,

Good to hear Russ resolved the issue. Spoke to him last week to confirm he had an additional pair in stock. Take care.

Nick

I am looking at purchasing a new BP/W and have already purchased the F1 fins...and love them BTW....I think I am going to be purchasing this new equipment from Hollis...it's threads like this and the obviously great customer service that they provide that has made my decision easy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom