working pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok looking at log book never filled in before so ask stupid question,
log book asked cyclender pretty much self explainatory ,
next one size ok ,
next one asks work pressure have no idea what its asking
then star pressure ansd ending pressure
dive time avaage depth ect ect

Working pressure is the pressure your cylinder is supposed to be filled at (by the shop).

3000 PSI for AL80, 3440 for many steel tanks.

It's usually the same (or close) as starting pressure unless you're doing two dives on doubles, get a short fill, or fill your tanks in Florida :D

Seems like a custom log made by someone who is concerned with documenting the maximum pressure rating of the cylinder you are going to use.

Personnally I think that is unnecessary information. If you keep an equipment record, that is where the working pressure of your cylinder would be noted, along with last hydro test, last visual inspection, oxygen cleaned, etc.

He stated working presssure, not volume.

Noting the cylinder volume is handy.

He stated working presssure, not volume.

Noting the cylinder volume is handy.

With adjustments for spelling and grammar, it appears that the OP states the log book asks for cylinder volume (size), working pressure, starting and ending presssues. Along with average depth and dive time, this is all the information one would require for calcuation of SAC, right?

Good diving, Craig

yes it does have size , start pressure , ending pressure , your right scubadada, is thre suunto dive manager log book finally thought I would down load some see what it says

Without knowing the working pressure, you can't know the amount of gas in a cylinder just by knowing the pressure it's filled to. My LP85s hold 85 ft3 at 2640 psi(2400+10%). If they come back filled to 2500 psi, they don't have 85 ft3 of gas in them, but I wouldn't know that unless I knew the working pressure. Thinking of gas used in terms of psi might work if you and your buddies all use the same tank and never change, otherwise, thinking in terms of volume makes more sense.

(This whole issue is avoided when metric measurements are used.)

Last edited:
yes it does have size , start pressure , ending pressure , your right scubadada, is thre suunto dive manager log book finally thought I would down load some see what it says

Hi medic13,

Don't know what computer you have. Some AI computers capture starting and ending pressure as well as avg depth and dive time. All you would need then to calculate SAC are the cylinder characteristics, volume and working pressure.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom