Going to Naama Bay, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadabingM3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

So I'm headed to Sharm in September and would like some views on hotels and dive shops. I'm probebly going through a UK bases travel agency called "planetdive.co.uk" and they use Red Sea Diving Collage as the dive shop. Many hotels on their list and I'm looking at a few. Top of the list are; Sofitel Sharm, Sonesta Beach, Novotel Hotel, Hilton and the Marriott amongst others. Has anyone dove with Red Sea Collage? Or stayed in anyone of these hotels? Thanks for the help.

Rob

I have not stayed in any of them, but ive spoken to people thats stayed at the Marriot and Hilton and was complaining of being ripped off BADLY.

Im going back to Sharm the 16th and will be staying at Bay View Hotel.
Not quite as big and luxurious as some of the other hotels, but reasonably priced and it does of course help that my favourite dive shop is located at their ground level.
Give me an airconditioned room, a bed and 40 seconds to the dive shop please :)

Thanks for the advice fella's. Interesting to know about Hilton and Marriott. I really like what the Sofotel has to offer and hope it's not a rip off either. Keep them comming folks, I'd like to know what everyone thinks. By the way, are their any reefs real close by to snorkal at within a short swim? My girl friend is not certified and we might want to snorkal a bit after I dive or on a non dive day. Thanks again.

We stayed at Oonas Dive Resort at the end of Na'ama Bay. It was very comfortable and the little restaurant downstairs served a pretty good pizza. Other restaurants to try are Tam Tam and Abu el Cid.

Tigerman, Oonas' rooms are air conditioned and the dive shop is downstairs.

Youd be hard pressed to find a hotel in Egypt thats NOT got airconditioned rooms I think..
Ill be staying at the Bay View anyways though.. Already booked and paid 7 nights+5 days of diving+nitrox course (and have a voucher for another day of diving free)

Thanks for the inputs. I do have another question though. Looking online at all the different hotels and area's, I wonder if I should be just content with Naama Bay? I'll probebly be diving with Red Sea Dive Collage as that dive shop is sponsored by planetdiveshop.com that will take care of my bookings for good price from London. Would it be worth staying at any of the other hotels in the near area such as Sharks Bay or farther down near Sharm itself? I really like the beach views of the other hotels that are not right in the Naama Bay area.

So if I do stay farther out, are taxi or bus rides to/from Naama an issue? How about getting picked up by Red Sea Collage dive shop in the morning for the boat dives? Thanks for any help all,

Rob

Naama is the center of action so expect it to be a bit noisy, especially when House Nation and such parties are going on in Bus Stop / Pacha.

A taxi is never an issue, as long as you're going to pay :)

Normally all dive operators in Sharm transport their guests to / from the jetty for free (included in the dive package I mean).

When staying at one of the hotels thats closer to the airport, meaning more quiet as far as nightlife goes, there was no problem getting piced up. The only issue is really the fact that you'll have to get up a fair bit earlier in the morning to "catch the bus" since it has more people to pick up than just you.

Reason I like the hotel Im gonna be using this time and used the last time I was down there is the fact that although its walking distance to the main streets, its also just far enough out of them to be pretty quiet in the evenings and nights.
Regardless of that though, naama bay is a nice place to stay all the same. You dont get quite the same "middle of the desert" feeling as you can in resorts a bit further away (and probably can in Hurghada?) but as far as vacation goes its real nice. Theres a rason why I keep going back there beyond the diving :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom