Scuba gear found while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As per a recent thread "Creepy things found diving", as I´ve found several times dive gear abandoned or lost underwater, I want to start this new thread.
I've found up to now several lead weigths, a snorkel and a dive mask.
Lead weigths were rather new (or lost not so long) as they had little deposits. The snorkel seems to have been lost the day before or so, as was rather clean, and the mask was underwater for months as it was covered with sand and several crustaceans were already living in it. It is a black sylicone mask, so, after a thorough clean, now is my pool mask.

I have found a brand new pink snorkel, and another time a brand new green lobster snare. The snare was dropped by someone on the boat I was on so I returned it to them.

I have unintentionally left behind a line cutter that fell out of its holder, a flashlight that I thought I had put back in its pocket, and a homemade lobster snare

No need to start a new thread... you should see all the things other people have found here.

Ken

One pristine mask that did not fit me.
A single lost weight pouche containing lead (on 2 different occasions)

found a lift bag, but it was in a local common ow cert location so I just left it there.

4 masks
countless snorkels
weights, belts and integrated pockets
a knife
Sony Cybershot t-20 and housing (survived perfectly after 5 months on the sand at 40m)!
DSMB
Finger reel

Over the years - weights, snorkels, a lobster bag and tickle stick, and a PADI dive tables card. Recently I found the black knob off of a tank valve.

I give up.

Ken

I give up.

Ken

Sorry, I've not seen the previous thread. However, it speaks of things found, no matter if it's scuba gear , litter or any other thing.
Now I mean scuba gear only.
Why, because you carry your gear to dive. While diving it is supposed you must take care of your gear as it makes you dive.
In a previous thread I read of a diver that found a BC+tank+reg in a cave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom