Beginning Course on the West Coast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000

Reaction score
I've really been interesting in diving on wrecks and would like to take some courses on wreck diving. The only problem is that there aren't a whole lot of wrecks up here in Sacramento, California. Actually, we don't even have an ocean....

So, it looks like I'm going to have to travel someplace and I guess the obvious choices are either down to San Diego or up to the Seattle area. Any recommendations as to where to start? It looks like fifth dimension up in Seattle is a good choice because they offer both an SSI course and their own developed course, but I was wondering if there were any other options.

Thanks,
Tony

I travelled to San Diego to do mine (twice actually, dives got scrubbed because of boat problems the first time). I'll PM you my instructor details, because I can recommend him, but not his diveshop :)

If your willing to go to Seattle, why not keep going to Vancouver Island (Naniamo). They have two awesome wrecks right there. I'm sure you wouldn't pay out any more if you take into acount the exchange. Check out Ocean explorers and Sundown diving.

T

I believe Ocean Explorers offers SSI courses including wreck diving. With both the Saskatchewan and Cape Breton just a 10 minute boat ride from the dive shop it doesn't get much better. You can contact them at 1-800-233-4145 or on the web at www.oceanexplorersdiving.com

I've made around 10-12 dives on the Breton and Saskatchewan and can't wait to return for more....good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom