Hollis Solo webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdfmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Nick,

I just set up my solo rig with my SS plate. I noticed that the grommet on the webbing is centered and not offset. When I set up the rig, on the back the grommet doesn't line up with the hole in the backplate. It's off by about 1/2 inch or less. I can push it up and line it up to insert the bolt but that just doesn't seem right. On other manufacturers webbing I noticed that the grommet is not centered it's more like 2/3 to one side. Did I do something wrong with the setup? If this is correct, I wonder why it's like this...there must be a reason.

Thanks!

BTW I haven't dove the Solo, SS with 25S wing yet but my first impressions are very high. It's seems extremely well made and looks great.

I have one more question. Without the use of an STA, can I or should I use something to hold the wing in place? I know that the cambands and tank will do that, but when not attached to a tank the wing will flop around. Is there some recommended way to deal with this. One of your competitors has these rubber plug like things attached to the wing that you push through the holes in the plate, the holes used to attach the STA. I'd like to do something like that.

Hey Nick,

I just set up my solo rig with my SS plate. I noticed that the grommet on the webbing is centered and not offset. When I set up the rig, on the back the grommet doesn't line up with the hole in the backplate. It's off by about 1/2 inch or less. I can push it up and line it up to insert the bolt but that just doesn't seem right. On other manufacturers webbing I noticed that the grommet is not centered it's more like 2/3 to one side. Did I do something wrong with the setup? If this is correct, I wonder why it's like this...there must be a reason.

Thanks!

Hi jdfmail,

Thanks for the questions. This is the correct way of assembling our harness and it has no negative affect.

Regards,

BTW I haven't dove the Solo, SS with 25S wing yet but my first impressions are very high. It's seems extremely well made and looks great.

I have one more question. Without the use of an STA, can I or should I use something to hold the wing in place? I know that the cambands and tank will do that, but when not attached to a tank the wing will flop around. Is there some recommended way to deal with this. One of your competitors has these rubber plug like things attached to the wing that you push through the holes in the plate, the holes used to attach the STA. I'd like to do something like that.

We suggest our SS bookscrews to secure the wing to backplate if you wish - Hollis part number is #210.8031. These can also be found at almost any LDS. However, once the rig is setup, take a closer look at how the webbing comes through the cam slots of the wing. This angle prevents the wing from flopping around when off the tank and has been sufficient for most.

Hope this helps.

We suggest our SS bookscrews to secure the wing to backplate if you wish - Hollis part number is #210.8031. These can also be found at almost any LDS. However, once the rig is setup, take a closer look at how the webbing comes through the cam slots of the wing. This angle prevents the wing from flopping around when off the tank and has been sufficient for most.

Hope this helps.

Nick, What is the bolt length needed? On the top hole it must be long enough to go through the wing, webbing and the plate. On the bottom only the wing and plate. What length is needed for each?

Thanks again.

Nick, What is the bolt length needed? On the top hole it must be long enough to go through the wing, webbing and the plate. On the bottom only the wing and plate. What length is needed for each?

Thanks again.

The length of our stainless bookscrew is from 3/4" (most open position) to 3/8" (fully closed). Each side is almost 1/2'' in length before threaded together. Here is what it looks like.

picshow1asp-5.jpg

Hi Nick, I hope you dont mind me piggybacking on OP's question. I have a suggestion, and also a question....

I have the Solo and the Elite 1 with the X Series wing. On my 5th dive with the setup the inflator separated from the hose. I was told that the zip tie was probably not on tight enough at time of manufacture....definitely an area to keep an eye on and the suggestion I would make is if possible to have 2 zip ties on each end of the hose. Im going to have my LDS see if they can add them on mine.

I also have a question, is there anywhere on the site where the routing of the webbing is diagrammed? I ask because in particular the Elite shoulder straps are separate and not continuous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom