Mask Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The.Cancerian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All..
I am new to scuba diving and i noticed and saw some mask straps which i really liked,

can anyone tell me where can i buy them from?
I want to customize my own, where to do from?

If i have posted this in the wrong forum please tell me whete to post it.

:D

Can you give us a clue what the mask strap was like?

I am guessing it was a neoprene and velcro one?

If so, they are a very good upgrade for your mask :)

if that's what you're talking about, get a slap strap & take it to the embroidery kiosk at the mall. they can put on any word you'd like. have them stretch it a bit before they start sewing it.

Once you go slap strap you'll never go back to a regular strap.

I sew a thick O-ring on the back of my slap strap so I can clip my mask onto my BC.

If you get a neoprene cover for a regular rubber or silicone strap, I suggest you get one that opens up like a clam, goes over the strap, and has Velcro along one edge to close it.

Mine does that, but my wife's does not. Her strap is always getting bunched up inside the cover and it's a pain to straighten it out. With the Velcro version, it's easy to open up the cover and fix the strap inside if you have to.

Are slap straps supposed to keep your mask on better? My instructor said it's so it doesn't slip of your head. If so is it worth buying one? or just keep the strap that's already on my mask =]

I got the slap strap because my hair always got tangled in the rubber kind. It is much more comfortable, although mine cannot go any tighter and it slipped right off yesterday (only happened one time so far). Some have words and some have neat designs. Whatever you like you can get (pretty much). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

vladimir
Yes this is what i want.
Where to buy it from other than this site, customized with things i want to be written on?

You should consider getting not just a neoprene mask strap cover or slap strap, but the Marscoops mask strap available from Leisurepro.com.

This is a larger neoprene mask strap that has enough bouyancy to float your mask. If you insert a small piece of closed cell foam in the pocket, it will also be able to float your snorkel.

I went this route after losing and searching for several masks during my rescue, dm, ai, instructor phases. The students from my shop lose at least one mask a week because they do not have something to prevent them from losing their mask.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom