Key Largo this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan_FL

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone going to be diving in Key Largo this week? Would be cool if I could dive with someone from here on the boards.

I am bored and have 2 weeks until school starts, so I figured I'd drive down there tomorrow and get 10-14 dives in over the course of the week. I've reviewed a bunch of the dive charters in the area, and Rainbow Reef seems to have the best package deals. I'm gonna call them tomorrow before I leave, to make sure they have availability.

I was also wondering if there is any type of night life during the week days, and if there are any must see things while I am down there.

Thanks,
Bryan

I'm making my way down to the Keys around the 18th of August for about 2 weeks myself. I've never been there myself, but I'd be looking for some one to dive with as well. If you're still there on the 18th, I'd be happy to dive with you.

Unfortunately I have to help my brother move into his dorm room at USF on the 17th, so I will not be able to stay through next week.

This is why I want to move to Florida. Bryan FL, I just did 16 dives with Rainbow Reef in early July, try to get in at least 1 night dive on MO, it was awesome. I love Rainbow Reef. Fun operation and cool DM's. For night life, Sharky's pub is always good for a beer and locals as well as some tunes. I have dove with Rainbow Reef three years in a row. Maybe 40 dives at least.

I am glad to hear that you liked them. This will be my first time with them. Just scheduled 7 dive trips over the course of the next 4 days. I think I'll take your advice and do a night dive as well.

I just arrived in Key Largo, and am excited already.

Diego, Alan and Jeff are all good DM's. Megan too. Go to Sharky's pub it is good food, cold beer and good tunes. Its a dive bar.

Can't thank you enough for pointing me to sharkeys. I have eaten their fish tacos three times already......Amazing!

my buddy lived on the fish tacos for a week. I liked the fried shrimp basket. How has the diving been. Rainbow Reef?

The diving was great. The viz was great, and there was little/no current for all but the 14th/last dive. I saw several of everything from sharks to rays to goliath grouper to a scorpion fish.

I had Jesus for my guide on almost all of my dives and he was awesome. I only went off on my own once and we didn't see a quarter of the stuff that Jesus found for us. All of the staff was very friendly though. I will definitely be diving with Rainbow Reef again in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom