Shark jumps onto boat in Haulover Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Shark jumps onto boat at Haulover Beach -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

After a day of spear fishing and lobster diving, a group of boaters got the scare of a lifetime when a shark jumped into their boat, http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI128115/WSVN-Ch. 7 reports.

Michael Powers and his friends were on-board a 21-foot boat Saturday, when a shark decided to pay them an unannounced visit. The 5-foot bull shark injured itself after violently flopping around the boat, WSVN reported.

"One minute it was in the air, the next minute it was in the boat just beating everything in God's creation," Powers told WSVN.

It took about 30 minutes for the shark to calm down and stop breaking things in the boat. The boat suffered very minor damage, WSVN reported. No one was injured.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I heard a comic say something incredibly funny about what washes up on Miami's beaches on Friday night, but it is way too politically incorrect to post publicly.

That's a really small boat to have a five foot bull shark thrashing around in it!!!

Shark jumps onto boat at Haulover Beach -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

After a day of spear fishing and lobster diving, a group of boaters got the scare of a lifetime when a shark jumped into their boat, WSVN-Ch. 7 reports.

Michael Powers and his friends were on-board a 21-foot boat Saturday, when a shark decided to pay them an unannounced visit. The 5-foot bull shark injured itself after violently flopping around the boat, WSVN reported.

"One minute it was in the air, the next minute it was in the boat just beating everything in God's creation," Powers told WSVN.

It took about 30 minutes for the shark to calm down and stop breaking things in the boat. The boat suffered very minor damage, WSVN reported. No one was injured.

Debby, you are the reporter lately!!!

I heard a comic say something incredibly funny about what washes up on Miami's beaches on Friday night, but it is way too politically incorrect to post publicly.

You can tell us - if not, PM me :D

That's a really small boat to have a five foot bull shark thrashing around in it!!!

The QE II is too small to have a bull shark thrashing around on it!

I watched that on CNN this morning - the reporter said the woman "thought the shark was a purpose."

I don't know if that was CNN's reporter talking, or a local one, but that's ready for a blooper show.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

What, the news media making a mistake.......well, at least they did not refer to "oxygen tanks" :shakehead::confused::rofl3:
One thing if we were in Duluth, or Peoria - but the ignorance about boating, fish, and especially diving by the local S. FL media (especially TV) never fails to astound me :shakehead:

MMMmm Smoked BullShark.. yummy.

I watched that on CNN this morning - the reporter said the woman "thought the shark was a purpose."

I don't know if that was CNN's reporter talking, or a local one, but that's ready for a blooper show.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

wait, why is this weird. Do you think he said that because he doesn't have interesting things to say about this incident so just says they thought it was a porpoise? or is there something weird about porpoises? or he got the word wrong? lol I don't get it..:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom