DIR Fundamentals class July 11-13 Michigan/Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
A GUE DIR Fundamentals class will be held on July 11-13 in the Lower Michigan/Northern Ohio region . Class will be taught by the Scubaguys-Brandon Schwartz and Scot Wernett.

Cost for this class will be $300.00. Participants are responsible for their own hotel, travel, food, and incidentals. You will also need to purchase a DIR Fundamentals book for the class.

Course content, prerequisites, and equipment requirements can be found on the GUE web site: http://www.gue.com/classroom/dir_fundamentals.shtml . Be sure to click on the "DIR Fundamentals Course" link (Adobe reader required).

We expect this class to start around 6:00pm on Friday, and end mid to late afternoon on Sunday. Lecture Friday evening. Lecture and dives Saturday morning/afternoon, lecture Saturday evening. Lecture and dives Sunday morning/afternoon. The Friday class will be held in the Metro Detroit area, and the dives will be at Giboa Quarry in Northern Ohio.

A deposit of $150.00 will be required to hold your position in the class. Final payment will be due at the beginning of class. Checks should be made out to "Scubaguys" and sent to:

Scot Wernett, C.P.A.
23260 Bush
Southfield, MI 48034

-Course will cost $300 (that includes the $30 GUE certification fee), plus instructor expenses.

-Please register at the GUE website (www.gue.com) and at www.scubaguys.com

-Students need to purchase the DIR F manual. It can be purchased as part of the DIR F student package for 49.95. Go to http://www.gue.com/catalog/order for more info.

-Please contact Brandon and/or Scot at brando@scubaguys.com or scot@scubaguys.com for further info.

Anyone else thinking that might be a good weekend at Gilboa for a DIR gathering??? I'll post something on MidwestDIR list as well.

Glad to see these guys are off and running with their DIRF classes.

Becki,

We will be at Gilboa this weekend just to get some dive in.

Can you make it?

are great. You will not find a nicer couple of guys. I am sure the class will be great.

Chad

There are nicer guys....their names are jbd & Big-T...:wink:

o.k. but seriously folks...Brando and Scot are a wonderful team (I think they're actually joined at the hip). I am really glad that they are running classes in the midwest.....it will bring diving here to a new level for those interested in going there

I am going to have to go find the midwest DIR list and sign up....I need some more virtual diving classes....

detroit diver once bubbled...
Becki,

We will be at Gilboa this weekend just to get some dive in.

Can you make it?

Sadly (NOT!) we are getting ready for a trip to Grand Cayman to dive with Ocean Frontiers in a few days :D

In the meantime we have LOTS of stuff to get accomplished at our places of residence now that it's finally nice enough to work outside!:wink:

diveski01 once bubbled...

Sadly (NOT!) we are getting ready for a trip to Grand Cayman to dive with Ocean Frontiers in a few days :D

In the meantime we have LOTS of stuff to get accomplished at our places of residence now that it's finally nice enough to work outside!:wink:

When will you be in Cayman?? I'll be diving with Frasier from 6/26 - 7/6, will you still be there???

BTW, everyone needs to avoid this class like the plague, the Scubaguys are the biggest strokes in town!!!!!!

Seriously, if you are in the area they are excellent instructors, and they are great guys to be around so if you are in the area and want to take the class I would highly recommend the ScubaGuys...

Later

MHK once bubbled...

BTW, everyone needs to avoid this class like the plague, the Scubaguys are the biggest strokes in town!!!!!!

Seriously, if you are in the area they are excellent instructors, and they are great guys to be around so if you are in the area and want to take the class I would highly recommend the ScubaGuys...

You have really got a lot of work to do with this "kinder gentler" GUE thing MHK....I thought the word strokes was outlawed in the new GUE.

I have an idea....you be the video guy for this class....sort of like a role reversal....I like it.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You have really got a lot of work to do with this "kinder gentler" GUE thing MHK....I thought the word strokes was outlawed in the new GUE.

They need to do alot better with this SPAM thing also. Next thing you know every PADI, NAUI, SSI, TDI, SDI, PDIC, ectera shop will want to advertise there O/W classes in here. Or is it GUE is special.

No....I don't think they're special, I just think they have the desire to do the legwork to get something approved.

you want to post a class or trip....PM King Neptune or LAdy Diver. IT is their board, we live by their rules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom