Padi Module 3!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kellykins

Contributor
Reaction score
To all the people who've done that module, when you had to recreate a broken regulator by pressing down the purge button and sipping air through it...how did you find it?

I just done my module 3 today...and thought that was the hardest! Couldn't do it the first time, but the instructor said it was cause the mouth piece on my regulator was half chewed off....so used the back up one...and i done it for the 30 secs but i swallowed loaddds of water....worst experience I think!! Even worse than have to do the giant stride into the pool...haha think it took me ages to actually take the step ¬.¬! Scary stuff :):)

Easy as stealing candy from a:baby: baby.:rofl3:
You just have to know how too,sounds like you don't know yet.
Nowadays you can keep on side of the mouh piece in your mouth.
maybe you should try the "old style" of this skill.
Keep the reg. 1/2ft below your mouth,depress the purgebutton and see what happens.

Good luck and have FUN.:D

=\ yeah was a bit hard..i could still breathe..other wise i'd be chocking...but managed it for the 30 secs needed...

I had the side of the mouth piece in my mouth but I swallowed more water than i drink in a day lol :)

=\ yeah was a bit hard..i could still breathe..other wise i'd be chocking...but managed it for the 30 secs needed...

I had the side of the mouth piece in my mouth but I swallowed more water than i drink in a day lol :)

You don't drink enough.:rofl3::rofl3:

Seriously,it's not realy that difficult.
In the way you learned it,just lookdown,tilt your head a bit to the right,depress the purgebutton and keep breathing.

Just as stealing candy from a :baby:
:D

haha will ask to give it a go next session if i have time. It was the most uncomfortable feeling!

You're right i don't enough ¬.¬!

I found it funny, the escaping air was shaking my mask violently, even funnier to watch everyone else.

I found it funny, the escaping air was shaking my mask violently, even funnier to watch everyone else.

Haha I know, it almost shook the mask off my head...i had to grab it to keep it in position haha! I really wanted to laugh while doing it, felt like if you blow a leaf blower into your mouth...not that i've done that!!

I used the left hand cupped over the mouthpiece to make a funnel then "sipped" from the air stream. That kept the air further from my mask. It was still a little wet but not too bad.

If it is breathing from a freeflowing reg, I just keep it in my mouth and breath when needed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom