Maui Dive Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

813Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to go to Maui here in a couple of weeks (for about the 10th time!!). In addition to getting my Rescue certification, I'd like to go on a boat trip with my family as well.

Here is the problem....my parents don't dive (my mom won't even get in the water and doesn't like 'little boats'), so I need to find something more than just a dive boat that will take non-diving passengers. On previous trips to Maui,we've been on the Four Winds and liked it, but I don't think they will take divers.

I was thinking maybe a Trilogy excursion to Lanai or the Pride of Maui. I've heard good things about both of those operations. Any thoughts?

Well you can dive with Pride of Maui although it isn't exactly a diver boat. They will take you to the Molokini crater and you can dive in there. But if you are going with non divers I think they are about as good as it gets. They have a glass portion of the boat so those afraid to snorkle can still see something. Then they are supposed to have pretty good eats.

Some of the speciality dive boats such as
B & B Scuba has will take people out for a reduced rate but they have typical smaller boats. It really depends on how adventurous your guests are. If they want to snorkle some its ok, but if you are more interested in them having the better time go with Pride of Maui.

PatrickM98 once bubbled...
I'm getting ready to go to Maui here in a couple of weeks
When are you goin gto be there? I'm diving July1st through the 5th at the very least, leave the 6th. You gonna be there then?

Roak

We're getting there on the 4th (at about 5pm) and I'm doing the Rescue program on the 5th, 6th, and 7th. Leaving on the 14th.

We, too, are Maui enthusiasts and have been there about as many times as you have. We did go on the all day Discover Lanai trip with them and still recommend it years later. Check here: http://www.sailtrilogy.com/adventures/scubadiving/. They say that they do take divers (we didn't dive when we went on that thrip tho) - and it would be a blast for your non-diving parents.
:tree: :tree:
Ciao!
Eric

Craigus once bubbled...
We did go on the all day Discover Lanai trip with them and still recommend it years later. Check here: http://www.sailtrilogy.com/adventures/scubadiving/. They say that they do take divers (we didn't dive when we went on that thrip tho) - and it would be a blast for your non-diving parents.
I strongly recommend you NOT go diving on that excursion. I took my non-diving wife on the excursion and she had a nice time snorkeling on Lanai --- it's in the next bay west of Manele bay harbor. Unfortunately, the dives are in the same area, and seem to be targeted at the non-certified discover scuba market. 15-25 foot bottom and 30 ' vis when we were there in April. The DM says that's pretty typical.

Just kick back and enjoy a day snorkeling with your non-diving companions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom