Nekton Pilot to Cay Sal Bank August 22-29: anyone from here going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm going on my first Nekton Pilot cruise in less than two weeks and I am so excited!!!! I've wanted to dive Cay Sal Bank for 30 years and finally I get my chance!!! If you're going to be on this trip please post or send me a PM...SEA you soon! :D

No kidding!!!! You'll be on board with my friend Theresa!!! Nice lady, awesome photographer!

I'll have to find your friend, if my husband doesn't first--he also is a photographer and he loves to talk shop with other photographers. Have a good time on your trip!

It will be easy as you'll have max of only 30 people on board. :) I'll PM her screen name to you.

I just got back from Cay Sal. It was fantastic. We had flawless weather, mild currents and amazing vis. Iwas not on Nekton though. It was my second time there on the Gulfstream Eagle. The first time 2 years ago, the current was ripping the entire time. Wait til you see the walls! As far as I'm concerned, you can keep the blue holes except for the sharks at the red hole. It's the wall diving that rocks my world!

Thanks Chip!!!! I actually love shallow reef diving and I am looking forward to doing some free diving as well. But the blue holes well, I've wanted to dive them for 30 years and finally my dream comes true!

I'm getting nervous....the hurricane season has been dead so far, so of course now right before I'm getting on a boat in the middle of the ocean there are two different storms starting to brew.....

Not sure what you might be nervous about.

The ship is handled well and can withstand some serious beating. The SWATH configuration will take care of a lot.

Afraid of a storm messing up your trip? Buy trip insurance. At this time of year, why not? We're going aboard in October, and I have never before bought such insurance after many dive trips, but at the price, we decided to go with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom