Advanced Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catgirldiver

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are looking to get our advanced certification in the USofA. (Because of expense) Does anyone know of a place to get the certification in one weekend maybe on a liveaboard or at FL fresh water springs? Or does anyone know of any specials your local dive shop is having on advanced certification? I live in GA so within a 5 or 6 hour drive, please.

Thanks,
catgirldiver

I am sorry but are you near Savannah?

Eddie Cox with Phantasia Diving might be able to help you. You will definately learn. Also, Dive Locker Ski Chalet's a good source.

If you are near SC, I can tell you where to go if you just want the C-Card as Walter said. I can send you a PM if you are only interested in the third. You can tell them Robyn and SeaJay sent you from LCScuba in Beaufort. They are really helpful.

catgirldiver once bubbled...
My husband and I are looking to get our advanced certification in the USofA. (Because of expense) Does anyone know of a place to get the certification in one weekend maybe on a liveaboard or at FL fresh water springs? Or does anyone know of any specials your local dive shop is having on advanced certification? I live in GA so within a 5 or 6 hour drive, please.

Thanks,
catgirldiver

Catgirldiver, if you PM me I can give you several options on people in your area.

However, please note that cost should NOT be your main concern; it should be how good the Instructor is!

~SubMariner~

Out of curiousity sake.. How long have you been diving, and how many dives have you logged already, and are they at different locations, or all in the same place??

Dale

We have logged 21 dives and have been OW certified for a little over a year. Our dives were made in Pensacola, Panama City and Bimini.

We did not care for our OW instructors methods. If we didn't get something we were not made to do it over again. I guess he just assumed we would learn it on our own with experience. And we have learned a lot on our own, but we feel like we need to take the advanced class to improve our skills even more.

Down Under Dive Centre in Greenville, SC is pretty good in my opinion. You can check their site at www.ddcscuba.com. Steve, is very thorough and knowledgeable. Hope you enjoy your AOW classes.

catgirldiver once bubbled...
We have logged 21 dives and have been OW certified for a little over a year. Our dives were made in Pensacola, Panama City and Bimini.

We did not care for our OW instructors methods. If we didn't get something we were not made to do it over again. I guess he just assumed we would learn it on our own with experience. And we have learned a lot on our own, but we feel like we need to take the advanced class to improve our skills even more.

Catrgirl:

The reason I asked, is that people tend to get OW, do the checkout dives (all at the same location) then go right in for AOW. I think it is better to do it the way you are for OW to AOW, get 20 -25 dives in various locations and wait at least a few months practicing the basic techniques that you have been taught, then go to the deeper levels.

As for the instructor issue, good for you, find someone who will teach you the skills, even if it takes longer. The instructor I took my advanced with would not just pass his OW students (He had 2 ladies that had taken the course4 times before) he made sure they knew what they were doing (BTW he never charged them to retake the courses, to participate in the Pools sessions, etc... actually they never made it near the Open water until they show they were comfortable in the pool).

Dale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom