Anyone seen this singles wing yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like a clone of the Halcyon 27lb wing, including the same slots for the integrated STA, probably as a result of OMS hiring former Halcyon staff.

But who knows, maybe it's good quality.

There is nothing innovative about it.

I'd be curious to know if they can attract a following from people who want the circular single tank wing, but don't want to pay Halcyon price$.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I'd be curious to know if they can attract a following from people who want the circular single tank wing, but don't want to pay Halcyon price$.
They now have the Oxycheq 45lb wing to compete with as well. No pricing data is available for that.

Maybe clone is too harsh a term - but it's darn close. The only differences appear to be the addition of a ball to the dumpvalve cord, and a corrugated inflator hose sleeve. I guess all circular single tank wings for a backplate would look similar.

I do hope that this competition will help lower Halcyon prices a bit although it's unlikely. Personally, I don't support knock-off products. From the picture in the link, the wing and plate design look like an exact copy of the Halcyon. I'm curious to see what material it is constructed of.

No one criticizes the fact that all the BP are the same. Why not the wing? If this helps bring the prices down, I'm all for it.

Plus, it's 2# more than the Pioneer 27. These 2 extra # can come handy...

Scubaroo once bubbled...
They now have the Oxycheq 45lb wing to compete with as well. No pricing data is available for that.

IS the oxyxheq really going to be a 45 #er.....that seems like an awful lot of lift for a single wing.

Frankly, I think 27 is a bit much.....but OTOH it isn't hard to get 27#s lift out of something small.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Frankly, I think 27 is a bit much

Well there is a 18 lbs wing too. :D

But if you are ever going to use a steel single you will want the 27

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom