CDWS and visa help Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tnj4884

New
Reaction score
Me and my boyfriend (i'm american he's swedish) just arrived to Dahab and are starting work. We need to get our CDWS but we were told that it will only be valid for as long as the visa. Is that true. We are planning to go to El Tur on saturday to get the visa extension for a year.

So basically, do they need a copy of your visa at the CDWS (and is tourist visa ok) also what else do we need. I have the form signed by my boss, passport photos, and print out of my teaching status from padi. Do i need a medical as well.

Oh, and not much of a partier, but wondering if there are any local hangouts, just looking to get out and meet some of the local people.

Thanks for all your help

As above, CDWS is not a work permit. It simply means you are allowed to teach and guide dives. That doesn't mean its legal for you to do so.

To get the card they want a copy of the visa and IIRC all CDWS stuff expires in january of every year. Certainly mine expires in January but that doesnt even closely coincide with any dates on my visa.

Very few people here have work permits but they do occasionally crack down (like in sharm a feel months ago etc) when they feel like it. To work legally you need a CDWS AND a work permit.

The CDWS office requires passport photos, the form, a copy of your visa (tourist is fine) and a copy of your qualifications. They dont need a medical but you do have to have one - they are randomly spot checking dive centres for things like that currently.

Medical will cost you about 50 LE and take 30 seconds.

As for where to hang out, mabe red sea relax, possibly blue beach and so on.

Already posted elsewhere in here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom