Sweet.. diving show on OLN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ohhh I'm stoked... don't watch much t.v. but I just found a diving show on OLN... it's on at 10:00 AM... ha haa.. gotta love TIVO (my girl friend got it for me for Christmas)...

It's called "sport diver" anyone familiar??? They are going to the Grand Caymans today... it's on like 5 times a week

Heeeeey.....who gets to stay home at 10:00 am. Must be the lifestyle I want. Stay home until 12:00pm and then dive until dark. :all: Butch

It's all about the digital recorder... you can actually get a "season pass" where it records the show every time it's on.... even better is it skips the reruns... don't have to be home... or program it ever than the one time which is the puch of a button....

I'm home today with a respritory infection (darned red tide) I get it at least once a year....

the unit Is from Sony by the way.. .there are several others out there now but Sony is the best... TIVO man TIVO

Will have to find that one, and give it a shot. Have watched Aquanauts a few times, but it chopped up into little segments, and filler, it leaves a bad taste. Hope that this one is great though!

The show is sometimes great as today's was in the Grand Cayman... dolphin adventure, shark diving, cave/cavern's , and some wreck diving... not to bad

HOWEVER.. the show yesterday totally sucked... it was about the herritage and history of the area.. not a lot of diving..

all in all: A good show and worth checking out

OLN is "Outdoor Living Network" or something like that. It is a network dedicated to outdoor activities and they have reviews of outdoor gear (but not scuba), broadcasts of mountain bike and watersport races, and other things like that.

It's a great program. Problem is that is hasn't been in production since about 1998. So what you're seeing now is a few years out of date. :(

But not to worry. The Canuck who produced Sport Diver is in the process of putting together several "concepts" that he is pitching to Discovery Channel. Hopefully one will get "picked up"... and soon.

Only in Canada you say? Pity...
[Canadian joke, eh?!]

Frankly, I wish there were MORE scuba shows on OLN. I'm sure they're out there. I mean c'mon.. .there must be more DIVERS out there than DRESSAGE (Equestrians); yet there are more horsey events than you can shake a stick at while we scuba types go begging for good programming.

Okay.. I'll get off my soapbox now... :wink:

~SubMariner~

Gotta agree with the fact that there are too many horse shows on there. There are also a lot of bicycle shows. I have OLN on Direct Tv and keep searching to find more diving shows, there just aren't any. National Geographic has more diving stuff on it and I watch it regularly (whenever the Seahawks are not on)!

Later, Hawk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom