SCUBA Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBrett22

Lionfish Slayer
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay i am a rescue diver and Voodoo Boy xD and my Girlfriend who is 16 wants to start diving but..... she wants me to show her .... can i do that i feel like i am breaking some rules by not being a master diver. All i would be doing is taking her to my pool and showing her a few tricks xD so does anyone know if it is braking the rules?? :lotsalove::D

Seriously?! As a rescue dive you know better. Everyone on here will tell you to go find a professional to teach her properly and certify her. Don't worry about the rules you will be breaking worry about her life that you will be putting in danger. Its cool she wants to learn but do it right. If she were to get hurt you don't want that on your head.

No you are not since you are a rescue diver you a properly trained to handle any issues that may arise such as a lung expansion injury while ascending in the deep end. :D

There are no rules are laws that you are breaking, but why risk any injury to her? If she wants to learn why doesn't she get certified? I wouldn't personally take someone that's isn't certified in the water. You should know better as a rescue diver.

Brett,

Congrats on getting into Scuba at your age and taking to the level you have.

As a Rescue Certified Diver I think you already know the "by the books answer" which is that you should take your girlfriend to a LDS and have her do a Discover Scuba session with them. I believe you need DM rating or above to do a Discover Scuba Session.

Now even if you don't want to go by the books use a common sense approach.

Say you do just take her in the pool and she likes the playing around. What will you say when she asks you to take her somewhere else? Without a c-card where will she be able to dive? As her boyfriend you'll want to make her happy so you'll find someplace and chances are that place will have hidden dangers that a regular dive site won't (such as no other experienced divers to help if something goes wrong).

See once you say yes, it makes it harder to say no.

Don't forget that "It's so shallow nothing can happen" is the most untrue statement a diver can hear. Read the thread about the hooka diver who drown in 20 ft!

Take to your local shop, "Most" shops/instructors offer FREE discover Scuba diving sessions at a local pool.
"Most" also won't mind you getting in the water with her. Then sign her up for the real thing.

Brett,

Congrats on getting into Scuba at your age and taking to the level you have.

As a Rescue Certified Diver I think you already know the "by the books answer" which is that you should take your girlfriend to a LDS and have her do a Discover Scuba session with them. I believe you need DM rating or above to do a Discover Scuba Session.

Now even if you don't want to go by the books use a common sense approach.

Say you do just take her in the pool and she likes the playing around. What will you say when she asks you to take her somewhere else? Without a c-card where will she be able to dive? As her boyfriend you'll want to make her happy so you'll find someplace and chances are that place will have hidden dangers that a regular dive site won't (such as no other experienced divers to help if something goes wrong).

See once you say yes, it makes it harder to say no.

Don't forget that "It's so shallow nothing can happen" is the most untrue statement a diver can hear. Read the thread about the hooka diver who drown in 20 ft!

Yes i know but even if she begs me i will say no but all i would do is show her some snorkle tricks and hoe to use a reg ... out of water

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Yes i know but even if she begs me i will say no but all i would do is show her some snorkle tricks and hoe to use a reg ... out of water

Oh to be young and not realize the power of a woman. Take it from someone who knows... you will give in and do what she wants. Just do yourself a favor and stop the downward spiral before it starts. Its for your own good. Once you give a little it will just keep going until you are in way over your head.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Oh to be young and not realize the power of a woman. Take it from someone who knows... you will give in and do what she wants. Just do yourself a favor and stop the downward spiral before it starts. Its for your own good. Once you give a little it will just keep going until you are in way over your head.

ya i have noticed that boy oh boy is it annoying but thank god she lives on the other side of FL so i don't have to hear it every day lol xD

Allright I might have a little experience at this sort of thing so I will supply you with the story to get you out of it. Here you go. You talked to a local dive pro and he told you that if you were to somehow get caught your certifying agency will take your cert card and ban you from diving. That way you don't have to do it and if she ever finds out that there are no scuba police you can just act mad that the scuba pro would lie to you like that. There you go. You now have an out.

Allright I might have a little experience at this sort of thing so I will supply you with the story to get you out of it. Here you go. You talked to a local dive pro and he told you that if you were to somehow get caught your certifying agency will take your cert card and ban you from diving. That way you don't have to do it and if she ever finds out that there are no scuba police you can just act mad that the scuba pro would lie to you like that. There you go. You now have an out.

half way through i forgot that you were making a story for me and i fell for it lol i thought you could get ban for that lol :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: thanks going to use that now xD :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom