40D housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parso

Registered
Reaction score
For curiosities sake, would you be able to soak the front half (no electronics) of a 40D housing in warm soapy water, without damaging it.
Thanking all repliers in advance.

We do not recommend soaking the inside of any housing in warm soapy water even if there are no electronics. If the inside of the housing is dirty it is best to wipe it out with a clean, damp cloth.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

The reason I asked this question is because a few months ago I had a flood, which obviously ended up with salt water in the housing (see my other post). Therefore, I was wondering if the inside of the housing could be soaked. I hope that answers you query, jdcpa.
Thanks for the response once again Jean.

I have a D90 housing that flooded as well...

1) How do I clean out the housing of all the salt water residue
2) What do I need to do to the buttons on the front half
3) Does the TTL electronics backhalf need to be sent back to Ikelite for any special repair or are they sealed?

If the electronics have been exposed to saltwater you will definitely need to send back for repair. At the same time we can clean and lube the controls (or completely rebuild as necessary).

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Back
Top Bottom