Trip insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O Gal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here on SB had to use your trip insurance? I took the one that DAN recommends. Our trip to Medio reef on the Nekton Pilot has been cancelled because of TS Ana. Nekton is very nicely letting us go the following week on the Cay Sal trip, but to change my airfare is gonna eat me alive--they want $300 to make a change to my rez, plus the additional price that the tickets have gone up since I made the rez back in March. I'm hoping that maybe I can get the trip insurance to pay for the difference in the two sets of tickets--otherwise we will have to drive to Ft Lauderdale because I'm not shelling out $500 more just to fly!
Any advice from people that have had to deal with trip problems would be greatly
appreciated.....:storm:

H2O,
Our group (Denver Divers Staff/Inst/DC) were on the same schedule (Medio Reefs) with you for the 15th - 22nd of August. Believe it or not, this is the second trip cancellation for us due to TS. The first one was in 2005 (TS Charlie). Anyway, some of the staff member have DAN trip insurance and so far I have not heard any complaints of DAN not reimbursing their cost of one way return flight to Denver. By the way, after reading the other post regarding the drama on the boat and other things happened aboard the Nekton Pilot, if you dont mind please let me know your experience next week aboard the Nekton. Thanks

wsben

Now I am told that it wasn't really due to the weather, but that the Pilot broke down in the Bahamas and had to be towed back to Ft. Lauderdale for engine work! I am scheduled to the 8/22 sailing, and they have reassured people I know down there that things are fixed and they are leaving as scheduled.:idk: We will soon see, I guess. Stay tuned! Woody

Hi guys-
Thanks for the info. Woody, I'm looking forward to meeting you and DebbyDiver next week, and wsben, I'm sorry I didn't get to dive with your group. Are you rescheduling soon?

Hi guys-
Thanks for the info. Woody, I'm looking forward to meeting you and DebbyDiver next week, and wsben, I'm sorry I didn't get to dive with your group. Are you rescheduling soon?

Not until next year (May 22-29, 2010). Have fun on your trip!

What??? Actually boat problems may have canceled our trip and NOT the weather? :confused:

H2OGal... I'd like to hear how your (and Debby's) trip went as well.

Wendel... I have requested a refund from Nekton and am still waiting for a response (don't think I'll get one) from what I am reading on here. I next will be getting an attorney involved if I do not receive my refund.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom