I-91 Aims for Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Is this the correct forum for the area...?

Just developed. Not likely to do much, but could certainly affect diving.

click for larger: 91.gif

details: Tropical Storm: Computer Model Hurricane Forecasts : Weather Underground

Now designated as Tropical Depression Four and aim has shifted east to the Florida Panhandle area...

Tropical Depression Four.gif

:depressed: That's going to mess uo diveing in Pensacola for a little while

:depressed: That's going to mess uo diveing in Pensacola for a little while

Tell me about it. I got the call this morning about 6 am from Scuba shack with the word that today's trip was cancelled. Too bad I was all too eager and already in the parking lot. Kudos to the Capt & shop for putting safety first.

Hopefully things will clear quickly and I can make a few dives before the end of the week before it's back to the office for the long grind.

Damn near everyone's boats out of the P'Cola/Orange Beach area turned around yesterday as the seas started picking up.

Now known as Tropical Storm Claudette, arriving in the panhandle this evening...
[c]
Tropical Storm Claudette.gif * Tropical Storm Claudette 2.jpg

click to enlarge
[/c]

We did not turn around and made a couple of nice dives.

Did you dive on the 14th or the 15th? Yesterday was the 15th.

If you dove on the 15th, then you're not damned near everyone.

Did you dive on the 14th or the 15th? Yesterday was the 15th.

If you dove on the 15th, then you're not damned near everyone.

Yeah, it was the 15th on Saturday. I got my dates wrong.

Yeah, it was the 15th on Saturday. I got my dates wrong.
Out of Louisiana? She had been headed that way, but veered east.

Tropical Storm Claudette.gif . Tropical Storm Claudette 2.gif
From Dr. Masters....
Claudette developed literally overnight, and has enough time over water to be a 60 - 65 mph tropical storm by the time it makes landfall tonight along the Florida Panhandle. Claudette reminds me of 2007's Hurricane Humberto, which became a hurricane just 24 hours after first appearing as a tropical depression. By the time Claudette makes landfall, it will have been in existence just 18 hours since the first advisory. This is not enough time to strengthen into a hurricane. If Claudette had had another twelve hours over the 30°C waters of the Gulf of Mexico, it would likely have been a hurricane. Given that the storm is so small, storm surge flooding should not exceed 3 - 5 feet, and will not be the major hazard from Claudette. Inland flooding from heavy rains of 3 - 6 inches is likely to be the main threat from the storm.

Back
Top Bottom