Getting to Truk Lagoon.. How??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaseeker

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was recently advised by someone who lives in Vanuatu that getting flights to Micronesia is not very reliable now-a-days. I was hoping to travel from UAE to Manila, then to Guam, possibly flying Continental?? esp. last leg?

Can someone provide some understanding of airflights, good advice but other direction, ie.e. not coming the USA/Hawaii/Guam route?

Many thanks in advance.

I was recently advised by someone who lives in Vanuatu that getting flights to Micronesia is not very reliable now-a-days. I was hoping to travel from UAE to Manila, then to Guam, possibly flying Continental?? esp. last leg?

Can someone provide some understanding of airflights, good advice but other direction, ie.e. not coming the USA/Hawaii/Guam route?

Many thanks in advance.

I put this

flights manila truk

into google, and got this after only one click:

How To Get There

Truk Lagoon is located 1000km (650 miles) southeast of Guam, 1200km (750 miles) north of Papua New Guinea and 9600km (6,000 miles) southwest of Los Angeles.

Weno, the capital of Chuuk, is served by Continental Micronesia with 4 flights per week from/to Guam.

These flights tie in with the weekly departures of the liveaboard dive cruises which operate within the lagoon. There are daily connections to Guam from Tokyo & the USA, along with two flights per week from/to Cairns. Additionally, two weekly direct flights from Manila currently connect Palau with other points in South-East Asia and on to Europe.

Sometimes the obvious ways of getting information work... :D

I flew Manila-Guam-Palau-Truk a couple of years ago and it was fairly straightforward (although it helped that I was living in the Philippines... ), but be prepared for Continental to sting you hard for luggage, unless their policies have changed!

Hi GrimSleeper, Many thanks for your efforts and just to you me know I had already done a Google search, but what I was wanting was latest clarification based on / confirmation on the advise given by my source in Vanuatu. Many thanks for your efforts.

I have heard of no issues with flights between Guam and Chuuk.

Continental Micronesia runs like clockwork.

I've got 6 weeks in Truk spread over 4 trips and every time there has been a problem of some sort. I'm Platinum Elite on Continental so I've never had a luggage issue, but other have. Missed connections have also happened to others on the trips because of weather or mechanical problems. If you arrive Sunday night and miss the flight there is another that leaves Monday. If that fails you're going to miss most of your trip so leave plenty of time for connections.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom