Internal photos of RMS Lusitania wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaseeker

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know of a good web site that has photos of the interior of the RMS Lusitania wreck?

No but try the book Robert Ballard's Lusitania. very good read and series!

Try Pix's website Home and click on the Ireland bit - there's definitely some film of the Luisitania on there, but I can't remember if it shows any penetration pictures - or even if there is enough to penetrate.
More accessible liner's off Ireland, both definitely worth aiming for are the Laurentic and Justacia

The LUSITANIA collapsed to half its original width and the superstructure detached. The upper decks seperated and slid off upon the ship hitting the bottom leaving nothing but huge piles of dangerous scrap next to the hull. If you can imaging a large wedding cake falling off a table, that's pretty much what the ship looks like. It's a deadly environment even for survey subs.
The only penetrable areas are the break where some of the boilers are visible and the bottom of the stern is peeling off exposing the main engineering department. The weight of the engines is pulling the ships bottom down and away from the hull. That entire area may eventually fall outward bringing the two forward main engines into full view

I have heard that on a good day you get 10 ft of viz. Hard to photograph inside in that kind of viz. I have only ever seen outside photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom