Dive report for Sunday (Destin) August 16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffer Fish

Captain Happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well, with a tropical storm coming in, the seas were a bit... ah.....interesting...so like Saturday, we stayed close to the shore...

I should point out that Sea Cobra went out, when several other dive ops did not...

I though the seas were just a tiny bit better than Sat, but there were, from time to time some big swells that came by.

So we did.... the east stack of the bridge rubble.. and the navy barge...love the east stack.. hate the navy barge... but with clear water, both turned out very nice.

So... in no particular order, pictures from the day:

Cardinalfish801.jpg

I like cardinal fish..

blenny900.jpg

I like Blenny's.. as will be obvious...

blenny901.jpg

blenny902.jpg

blenny906.jpg

drum900.jpg

fish900.jpg

Sorry, had a break.... more pictures (these are from the barge:

crab900.jpg

The above is my fourth species of hermit crab.. who knew there were more than one? Not me.

fish904.jpg

fish905.jpg

shell900.jpg

toadfish900.jpg

spadefish900.jpg

And now for some of the more iteresting images from the rubble pile:

trigger900.jpg

fish901.jpg

rubble900.jpg

I thought this next one was a large gag.. not sure now that I see it's yellow lip..

grouper900.jpg

And because I was going back to auburn, this flounder was left to swim another day...(note: it was about 20 inches):

flounder900.jpg

brittlestar801.jpg

Just so everyone knows, I am using a canon G10, their cheap housing.. two YS110's (not the "a" version... which so sucks)...no closeup lens, no anything other than the camera and the strobes.

photos are outstanding as always! I went on Friday but thought it would be too rough on saturday and sunday so didn't go. Glad Nancy did go out though. I saw some of those same fish! lol!! but not going to show you my photos as they are no comparison

I think your large gag is actually a really large scamp?

I believe you are correct...actually when I saw it, I was so shocked by it's size that I did not notice any real detail...thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom