Mayaguana with Nekton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone gone on the Myaguana itinerary with Nekton. I have done most of their itineraries, and liked all of them (except St Croix - Yuck). What is the Myaguana diving like? I am thinking about a trip next March. Thanks, Doug

Has anyone gone on the Myaguana itinerary with Nekton. I have done most of their itineraries, and liked all of them (except St Croix - Yuck). What is the Myaguana diving like? I am thinking about a trip next March. Thanks, Doug

From what I understand, that is a brand new itinerary that they are starting next year, no one has done except the "exploratory" trip with the crew.

Well.. that answers that!

I was thinking of re-booking my trip (the one that got canceled last week supposedly because of Tropical storms - but now hearing "engine" problems), by the end of this year with my fiancee to St. Croix/Puerto Rico but if you are saying "yuck"... maybe not. :shocked2:

I have done most of their itineraries multiple times, St. croix is the only one I probably would not go back to. It seemed to me that it was over-fished. We never made it to the north shore, so I might not have gotten a representative veiw.

I went on both the Northern Bahamas and the Cay Sal trips several years ago and had a great time! It was awesome diving, you'll enjoy the trip. :D

The Mayaguana itinerary does not start until 2010 (I think April), so I'm pretty sure no one on the board has done it. The trips depart out of Provo. I dove in that general area about 6 years ago and it was awesome (although I am not sure of Nekton's exact itinerary). Because it is so isolated, there was tons of fish life. Viz was usually in the 60-80 foot range. My wife and I are hoping to go out on the April 3rd charter, but only if we can get someone to run the shop for us (any takers?).

I am just going to miss diving with you by 2 weeks, I am going on the Myaguana trip 3/20-3/27. According to the office, they have done the myaguana itinerary in the past year. I didn't remember seeing it on their schedule though. They go back to Myaguana 2/13/2010

There was an expedition trip there earlier this year, so there are some folks who have dove it. I was on the Pilot in June and the crew members there were talking about it-- rumors are it's quite nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom